Nate just registered for his LAST TWO CLASSES! I am so excited!
Cameron is as obsessed with Lego and Minecraft as ever. He already prefers to spend more time with his friends than at home. But weren't we all that way? Well, he is so smart and funny, and it has been so fun having an older kid. I love him so much! His front tooth is still hanging on for dear life. We call him Snaggle Tooth, and he gets mad. :)
Yes, Claire is wearing my sports bra...
The girlies are my buddies. We go to City Creek and the library a lot. They fight like crazy, though!
So....time to talk about running! My hip is still hurting, and I am SO frustrated and saddened by it. BUT I have hope that it will heal. I am going to take a week or two off (now that my fun run is over) and continue my stretching and foam rolling and see how that goes. A new running friend, Dawna, gave me some holistic tape to use, and I really think it's helping! The pain is not as bad as it has been, and so I'm hopeful that a solid week of rest AFTER it's feeling better will keep it from flaring up again.
On Thursday evening, I ran the Light Up Liberty 5-mile Fun Run with Missy and Josh. We had so much fun! I made Josh some homemade bread, and he is going to make me Snickers Pretzel Rice Krispy Treats in return. Who is getting the better deal?! Josh is awesome and became a close friend quickly. I also became good friends with Hilary, a girl who goes to school with Nate. We also bonded over running. I love it!
Josh eating my bread. I think he liked it? :)
Since I can't run right now, I've been putting my energy into strength training. Our plank challenge is going well so far (although I do fear death once we're holding them for over 2 minutes...oh man). I have also started a VERY painful squat challenge and am still doing my arms and abs every few days. Feels good!
A bunch of RA group members have been getting together for trail runs and it's KILLING ME not to join them. They post their pictures, and I just want to be up on those mountains with them! Nate gave me a blessing for my hip, and I really hope and pray that this is just a temporary setback.
I'll post again on Monday-ish about how my eating has gone this week. :)

2 comments:
Your kids look like they are always having so much fun! Though I'm sure it's a different story for you! ;)
Isn't it such a bummer when you're injured? Alongside my asthma, I sprained my hipflexor in 9th grade and it hasn't been the same since. It's SO annoying. But, you work through it :) I totally wanted to do that run you talked about!! I also heard Salt Lake Running Co. goes on runs every Thursday and its free! So I might start doing that!
Claire's dress!!
Post a Comment