Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tweet, Tweet!!

A few months ago, I wrote on Facebook about this cute bird mobile on Etsy that I had fallen in love with.  (See here)  I wanted it for Allie's room so bad!  But hello....$42 plus shipping?!?  I don't think so!!  My friend started asking me about colors and she said she'd make me some.  Well, I sort of forgot about it, to be honest!  On Monday night, Nate walked in with the mail.  There was a package for me.  I opened it, and lo and behold......BIRDS!!

My sweet friend Rachel, who I grew up with in Oregon, had taken it upon herself to make my baby girl some birdies!!  They are perfect.  They match her room, and she even took time to sew on the ribbon to hang them with.  I nearly cried.  I was so touched.  Thank you Rachel, I can't thank you enough!!

So I immediately went and got a wreath ($4 at Michaels), tied some knots, made Nate hammer in a nail, and now my precious baby Allison has a beautiful birdie mobile in her birdie bedroom.  Isn't it wonderful??  I hung it above her glider, which is where I love to snuggle my Roo as we sing and pray each evening (I was scared it might fall on her if it was over her bed!).  She already loves it....and Cam keeps asking if he can shoot a basektball in the "hoop".  Haha, one track mind, that kid!!

Click here and here to see Allie's other birdie decor.

*****
Cam comes out of his bedroom sobbing, his lower lip bleeding a little.
M: "Honey, what happened?  Are you okay?"
C: "No...."
M: "Did you get hurt?"
C: "Yes...."
M: "What happened, did you fall down or did something hit you?"
C: "Something hit me."
M: "What hit you?"
C: "The Wall."

*****
Today I babysit my adorable neice, Ivy Lou.  I love little Ivy so much, she is such a sweet girl.  She had fun playing with my kids today.  (Ignore Allie's 'day-after-piggies' hair....I never got around to putting them back in today!!)

*****
We ate Korean for dinner.  I love sticky white rice, but wow, it's sure hard to clean off a Roo......

6 comments:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Every time you post pictures of Allie eating I notice she doesn't have any bibs. You should totally commission some seamstress friend for those kitchen hand towel bibs. My MIL made Gwen's and they are fabulous. Although they won't keep her from getting sticky rice in her hair the same as they didn't keep Gwen from getting peanut butter and bread crumbs in her hair!

Becca Jane said...

Yeah, she pulls her bibs off, so I usually just take her shirt off if she's eating something too risky! I should get some of those though....she has ruined a few shirts.

DeAnn said...

That is so nice--it almost made me cry too!

The Frasers said...

That mobile is cute. Will is always trying to pull his down now! Oh well. Is Allie a walking machine yet? Will is practically running!

Anonymous said...

oh how cute. Ivy told me all about playing with Allie. Thanks for your help AGAIN. Love the birds

Ashley said...

Warner babies are beautiful in purple :) The mobile is cute!