Before: Cute
After: a tad unfortunate. Can you say mullet?
***I'm excited about this latest book giveaway. I knew after just a few pages that it would be my next giveaway. I hope that if you don't win, you will still go read it. If you live near me, you can borrow it. Amazon.com is my new best friend. I just started reading "Mindless Eating"....might just have to be my next giveaway. SO interesting! Lots of studies on why people eat and how often people eat without thinking about it. They did a study on movie theaters and why people munch on popcorn....all kind of interesting stuff. Read it.
***
I woke up this morning and made myself a To-Do list. My house is a disaster. It almost always is. I can't wait for the day when I have a fenced backyard where I can shoo my children out the back door so I can get something done. Wow, wouldn't that be nice!! They could run around barefoot with our dog (a lab if I get my way, a german shepard if Nate gets his, a husky if we both were brave enough). They can play kickball and tag and basketball (I'm hoping for another son in our family). I can watch out the kitchen window or from my cozy reading nook with our cat at my feet. I'll call them in for snacks....and after Daddy gets home from teaching all day, we will eat dinner outside and relax on the porch swing and work on the yard.... Thoughts like this keep me going. I can't wait.
Okay. Back to reality. Roo is throwing Smarties at my head. She needs a bath (you see that hair!). My list is staring at me....nothing crossed off yet. I'm stalling....


7 comments:
I rather enjoyed that ramble. I too dream of the same thing. And I even already have a fenced in backyard...for now. Lots of "free" husky type dogs around here. I could send ya one! There is always puppies running around. Oh the life.
I vote for the lab. I would NEVER try a husky again! But maybe that's just me? And yum, I would be mindlessly eating those smarties...
Yeah, we wouldn't try a husky...which is why I said "if we were brave enough!!" We're not brave enough...we've done some research on huskies because we almost adopted one back when we first bought our house and had a fenced yard. Little did we know...!!! Good thing we looked into it beforehand, or else it could have been disaster. We had high fences, but it would have dug under them in a second.
BUT...my goodness, huskies are GORGEOUS and would make a wonderful running buddy! We talked about huskies on our very first date, and we've gone to visit them at the Asay's before.
I love huskies...but yes they are rather a handful. Bernese mountain dogs are my fav...and boxers. SO cute! I would LOVE a fenced back yard...I say this daily. How convenient it would be!
Roo is throwing smarties at my head.
Awesome.
Love her mullet :)
I can't wait until we have a backyard!!
Post a Comment