Back to reality.
This is how my children really look every day...just so ya know.
Yesterday afternoon Nate was at work, so I took the kids outside to play. We have a big, grassy area outside our door, and I usually bring out a blanket and a book to read. I am always sure to keep a watchful eye on my kids though, of course!! But yesterday, I became a little too captivated by my book (reading 'The Fire of Faith' by John Groberg....amazing!!!) and didn't look up from it for several pages.
When I realized I needed to see where my babies were, I immediately sat up and scanned the large courtyard and playground. I didn't see them right away. Across the lawn is a small, grass-covered hill (perhaps it's a null?), and I saw Cam's cute head barely over the top of it; he was just playing on the sidewalk on the other side. So my next action was to find Roo.
Immediately the thought came into my mind: "Don't even panic for a second...of course she is with her big brother....she would never leave his side."
And yes, there she was, just a few feet away from him, pushing a doll in the little pink baby stroller. I sat there for a few moments and thought. I thought about Cam and Allie's relationship...and that led me to think about the relationship we ought to have with Christ. We all have an older brother. And like Roo, we should never leave His side. I'm sure our Heavenly Father is comforted, like I was, when He sees us following and staying close to our brother, the Savior. He will keep us safe. He will show us what to do. He will hold our hand and guide us. But we have to stay close to Him...we have to follow His exact foosteps and not lag behind on our part...or we might find ourselves lost and alone. Christ invites ALL into His loving, warm embrace, but it's up to us just how close to Him we want to be each day.


7 comments:
OH. MY. HEAVENS. That is sweeeeet! I love how close they are. And I love the look of your blog. LOVE IT!
Karen told me very matter of fact the other day that she hates Isaac. And Natalie expresses hate to Megan on an almost daily basis. Not sure where I went wrong but I'd gladly start over. :)
Cute post and great comparison!!
Haha, DeAnn, I know you aren't trying to be funny, but it is sort of funny! Yeah, mine aren't best friends ALL the time, but if they are EVER mean to each other, I immediately make them apologize and hug, and we talk about respect and kindness in our family. It's very important to me.
I love this post. :) Thanks Becca
LOVING your new look and can't get over the pictures. Still. Such lovely ones!
Hi stranger, lol! I'm sorry I've been MIA. My life has gotten so crazy of late and sitting down to do all that I would love to do is no longer an option. I love this post and I especially love the sweet picture of your kids holding hands. What a special time for the two of them to bond. I have two pre-teens and a couple of teenagers left at home and some days I can't believe they use to hold each others hands, lol. I hope that I can get on a better schedule of reading and updating blogs just so I can keep up with your gorgeous kids. I'll check out the other updates so I can see their big blue eyes and sweet smiles.
Post a Comment