Saturday, January 22, 2011

He Did It Again...

Remember this post?  Well, he did it again.

Last night, I decided to go to bed at 8:45.  I was excited to get a nice, long sleep because I knew today was a long day.  Nate worked all day, and then went to his parents house for his TFA phone interview for most of the evening.  But unfortunately I woke up around 9:30 last night and was sick.  I was sick for the next few hours, and it basically ended up being a horrible night.  When I woke up this morning, my stomach was still in bad shape.  I layed in bed, dreading the day ahead, and said a prayer that I would make it through the day.

Nate left, and the day actually has gone by better than I thought.  I felt like a horrible, neglecting mother as usual, but atleast we were all in one piece.

Then about an hour ago, my wonderful Dad called me.  "Hi Honey, I'm in downtown Salt Lake just finishing up some meetings.  I was going to head home, but I felt inspired to call you.  Can I come over and play with your kids for a few minutes and give you a break?"

I couldn't stop the tears...

He didn't stay long, but it was all I needed to boost my spirits and once again feel my loving Heavenly Father's assurance that He knows my situation and my worries and my heart.  Thank you Daddy, I love you so much!!


Holding Baby Roo...I love how he holds all babies up like he's just delivered them, haha!!

By the way, my dad said he has a conference in Nashville in March....Lucky!!  Wish I could go walk those streets with him!  Someday, Nashville....we'll get there someday!!

6 comments:

The Super Seven said...

I love it when those phone calls come. It really assures me that my prayers are heard......hope that you are on the mend. Nothing worse then being sick. Hope that Nate's interview went well.....

Brenda said...

I've looked up to your dad for .... well yeah, my whole life. He's a great brother too.

DeAnn said...

He might come see me on that Nashville trip!

Lindsay Z said...

awwwwwe... You and me got good dads.

Jenni said...

What a sweet and inspired daddy! That's awesome!!!

The Full Nelson said...

So glad you were able to get a little bit of relief just when you needed it! Hope you feel better soon.