Nater was up at 6 this morning and out the door, looking dapper in his shirt and tie. Today is the first official day of his Student Teaching program. His hours for the next 12 weeks are 7am to 4pm at the school. It will be so weird to have him home in the evenings! He has worked until 7 pm for the past 3 years!! I'm looking forward to having him at the dinner table with us....and for help getting the kids to bed! I'm completely exhausted by the evenings now, so the timing is really great to have him around.
Unfortunately this means he can't work for 3 months. His job is being amazing and letting us keep our insurance, and he'll get to go back after student teaching, which is a huge blessing. So we are just crossing our fingers that we make it through these few months with no major emergencies....like car repairs or medical bills. Once again....FAITH!!
Cameron goes back to school today, too. Yay! I forgot how much better we all function when we have routine and a daily schedule! I am really looking forward to my kid-free afternoons again too!
My nausea is still going strong, but if I keep the Zofran going, then I can usually function. I'm praying it eases up when I reach 12-13 weeks. Cam's eased up right at 12 weeks, but I felt sick with Roo until almost 20 weeks. This pregnancy has been MUCH worse as far as sickness. I thought I was sick with my first 2, but those were nothin' compared to how this time has been. It's been rough, but time has been flying, and I am just happy!
Things we're looking forward to in 2011:
- Nate's student teaching
- Roo's 2nd birthday
- Our 6th Anniversary
- I'm turning 30!!!
- Graduation from the University of Utah
- Nate's new career as a teacher (praying that he finds a good job)
- A move....to somewhere. Probably staying in Utah for now though...
- Cameron starting Kindergarten (he can't wait to ride a bus! I'm hoping we end up somewhere where he can....so I don't have to drive him, haha)
- Baby #3!!! Oh, we love you so much!!! We just can't guarantee that you'll have a name...
"I have learned that if we trust the Lord and move foward in faith, anytime, anywhere, to simply do whatever the Lord wants done, He orchestrates events so amazingly and with such miraculous efficiency that it all but takes our breath away." -John H. Groberg, Anytime, Anywhere, pg 10.
So 2011...you bring us lots of uncertainty, but we know the Lord WILL orchestrate events to work out perfectly for us.
5 comments:
We had Cobra (which is really no insurance, unless you pay $900 a month for it....only in an emergency) for 5 months. You can do it! Our kids never got sick once. And, when I needed to go to the dr, I visited the community clinic and took the children there for flu shots, too. So, rest easy.....there are resources.
I'm so glad Nate's job is being held and that things are going smoothly. It will all work out nicely. I know it!
I didn't know you were on your own at night. Now I'll stop feeling sorry for myself when I do it alone with my three. It's not every night for me. But three years is a long time. You're a patient gal. I don't know if you knew but my husband is a teacher. He's in his 5th year as a teacher. It's a rough profession. Good luck with everything!
BTW - it's me, Huber
Huber!!! You just made my day!! Saranghey!
What grade/subject does he teach? I think Nate is pretty prepared for a tough first few years....I don't think his professors and mentors have really sugar-coated anything!!
Luckily my kids go to bed pretty easily. And early!! I've been blessed!
What an exciting year ahead! Need some name ideas? How about Charlotte or Bradley, Leah or Reed, Miriam or Dravin? ...You're welcome.
He teaches 4th grade, but is planning on trying to move to junior high science next year. Everyone tells him Jr. high is better. We'll see.
Post a Comment