I read a Conference talk in the Ensign last night by Elder D. Todd Christofferson. He says, "True success in this life comes in consecrating our lives--that is, our time and choices--to God's purposes. In so doing, we permit Him to raise us to our highest destiny."
I've been in a blogging rut lately. Not that life is dull....just that I feel like I've already blogged about everything exciting. I'm thinking about some blog changes....maybe coming soon.
Lately I have felt a strong urgency to just enjoy my children more. Every day with their beautiful faces smiling at me is such a gift. I love being home with them. I love bathing them and combing their crazy hair and washing their clothes and filling their tummies. I love reading to them and answering Cam's endless questions and listening to Roo's new sentences. I love watching them sit side-by-side on the floor with their scriptures every night and listening to Cameron help Allie say a prayer. Nate always tells me to stop reading Angel Lucy and Angel Preslee's blogs because they usually make me cry, but I am grateful for what those little girls and their amazing mothers have taught me. And that is to savor and value and enjoy all of these simple, daily, seemingly-mundane moments with my babies.
![]() |
| Roo's eyes are closed, but I love her cute face! |
![]() |
| Wrestling |
![]() |
| This is an old picture (they're so tan!), but it's one of my absolute favorites of the two of them. |
Have a great weekend! Our plans include baking banana bread, enjoying the few days of upcoming sunshine and warm weather, eating fresh blueberries and strawberries by the bowls-ful, the best 3 hours of the week (our Church meetings) and our monthly Warner Family Night at Steve and Andrea's with Grandma and Grandpa.



3 comments:
Enjoy your fun weekend!
I made a friend here that is Mormon. Her daughter is Jack's "girlfriend". They were driving south and passed the gorgeous Temple in La Jolla. Her daughter exclaimed, "I want to get married in that Temple to Jack!"
Enjoy your weekend. Doctrine and Covenants is something I've always struggled with...it's nice to read about others testimonies of it to help strengthen my own.
I get that about enjoying your kids--Natalie and Megan are so big now and I miss their little days. I wish I'd had a blog then...
Those Warner Nights sound fun!!
Post a Comment