Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Let Them Be Children

I love watching my kids play and use their little imaginations.  It makes me happy.  I hope they will be able to look back on their childhood days and feel like they didn't have a care in the world.  I hope they feel safe and happy and free to just be who they are.  I feel like this is really Cameron's last year to just "be a kid" and have lots of hours of free playtime before he has to start 1st grade.  I think it's so good for children to have that.  They need it.  I try to have several days a week where we have no plans and the tv/computers stay off for a lot of the day.  Not only does it keep me sane, but it forces my the kids to play with each other and talk and laugh and work out little fights and make up games and build their relationship.

Cam loves to be in costume.  Roo wanted whiskers too, so off my little tiger cuties went to play!!



 I told them to make up a dance for me while I ran down to the laundry room.  When I got back, they had a little show all planned out for me....including guitars (a racket and a boomerang) and cute songs!!

By the way, this is what Roo's hair looks like if you just let it dry after a bath....haha, poor kid!




6 comments:

LilPrecious said...

Unstructured time is SO good for kids! Lots of children are over scheduled these days and don't have the opportunity to just let their imaginations run wild!

I love the tiger costume! They are too cute...

The Full Nelson said...

I feel the same way about Ethan. He has his morning in the kindergarden class in a couple of weeks as orientation and I can hardly believe it!

Ashley Ziegler said...

I'm so grateful for your posts about motherhood. You are a great example, and I can't wait to be a mom!

starnes family said...

Rooster is such a big girl all of the sudden! It makes me happy and sad all at the same time.

ps - I sent you a card last week. Hope you love it!

DeAnn said...

So cute! You have to post the Cam sneaking out story!!

Brandon and Erica said...

Becca, I seriously LOVE your kids. AND YOU. And your blog :) So now that I have a couple of minutes to myself, I am going to look through the last couple of weeks worth of your blog-posts!

AND, I LOVE that little skirt Roo has on :) Good choice!