Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Always Outside

Sometimes I want my own fenced backyard so bad that it makes me want to scream!!  It's okay though...I'll get it someday.

Cameron is happiest when he is outside playing (biking, scootering, digging, running, climbing, swimming, pulling/riding the wagon, shooting hoops, etc etc etc) from 10 am until 7 pm.  No less.  We go through sunscreen like crazy!!

And since I am not allowed to send him outside alone, this also means that I am outside that long every day.  Don't get me wrong, it's so relaxing to sit in the shade with my friends and my books and magazines and water bottle and snacks.  It's quite luxurious, actually!  I love watching my kids play and run and be kids.  They sleep like angels at night, and I love knowing that they are enjoying their childhood.

BUT it sadly means that I get NO cleaning, cooking, blogging, laundry, hair/make-up, etc etc etc done!!!  Sometimes it's frustrating.  All summer long we live in a messy house and eat cold cereal for dinner and we get dressed out of laundry baskets.  And it's worse being pregnant because the few moments that I AM in my house, I'm just too exhausted from the heat outside to do anything but lie down!!

But that's what Summer is for us.  My children come first, and so we live outside.  Every day.  All day.




3 comments:

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Messy house and quick meals is sometimes the life of a mom. At least you can blame pregnancy!

There is a season to everything and a time to every season. Or something like that. Gwen is 3 and I am just now starting to figure out how to organize my house and clean it somewhat regularly. But then again, like Heath said yesterday, "It's just one day. Don't get so excited yet!"

Happy childhood memories are far more important than a clean house and what's for dinner.

Missy said...

Cute pics!
Yeah, I definitely agree that all the time they get to spend outside is way more important that having a super clean house!

Merilee said...

Yea for playing with your kids! My house is always messy too. But I'm not too ashamed of it because when my kids are grown and gone, I will never have to say, "I wish I spent more time playing and less time cleaning."