Cameron G. is FIVE! We made a birthday countdown chain about 2 weeks ago, and he has patiently been taking a link off every morning. He was pretty excited this morning, "Mom, I'm five now!!" Lots of big happenings when you're 5 in the life of Cameron: riding the yellow 4-wheeler, the baby comes, Kindergarten!! He's been waiting and waiting to be 5!!
Here is the day in pictures:
We gave him his first 2 presents right after breakfast.
Spiderman toothbrush! (Roo got a Dora toothbrush)
He has been asking for a "black Spiderman costume" for months and months now. Not sure why he's so obsessed since he's a villian, but he loves him! It was so cute to watch his face when he finally got it!
Then later that morning, we headed outside for Cameron's Costume birthday party. We served ice cream and just let the kids play. There were so many cute costumes! Thank you to all of our friends and family who came to celebrate with us!!
Cameron's cake. Made with love, yep, we're NOT getting any better at this as the years go by, but it's SO fun and makes our kids HAPPY!!
After lunch/nap, we headed over to Nate's family for a swimming/pizza party. The cousins had fun swimming.
Blowing out his candles!
Opening more gifts. We are so grateful for everyone's kindness to our sweet Cam.
Cousins lined up to watch!
Sweet Miss Isabelle
Opening the other gift from Mom & Dad. A personalized basketball jersey!!
So I have been meaning to write about this lately, but over the past month or so, Cameron has truly started to evolve into a completely different kid. I honestly don't recognize him lately! He has really started to grow up in ways that I never thought would happen! IT IS AWESOME!! Most of you know how difficult it has been for me to parent him. I feel like all of my tears and hard work and endless, nonstop discipline and frustration and countless prayers are finally starting to pay off. Prayers are answered (even if they take 5 years to be answered, they ARE answered)!!!
Cam, we love you so much. Daddy and I talk a lot about how proud we are of you. You are SO smart. You are SO handsome. You are SO sweet and sensitive to your family and friends. You are truly beginning to turn into the kid that we always prayed would emerge out of your crazy toddler years!! You love the Church and Christ's gospel at such a young age. You already stand up for what you know makes Jesus happy. We are so proud to be your parents. We hope you had a wonderful 5th birthday!! We love you!
4 comments:
Congrats to you on a great kid! Your work has paid off for sure. (I felt the same way with Carter!)
Love the costume and the cake. Cute party!
Happy 5th Birthday Cam!! Definately a big one. I agree, it seems like I was just posting about Clara being born and Ethan's fourth birthday and now we're coming up to Clara turning one and Ethan five. Where does the time go?! So nice to have so many kids around to celebrate with you!
happy birthday cameron! we're sad we missed your cute little costume party (we were at a family reunion) but we can't wait to go swimming with you!! :)
Oh my goodness I can believe he is already 5! that sounds crazy. That is so funny how he is still in love with Spiderman. So cute.
Post a Comment