My poor blog has been neglected. I'm not sure how the days pass so quickly, but they do. I'm 37 weeks along now! I keep thinking I have all this time left, but with less than 3 weeks to go, this baby is basically here! I think we're ready... We keep wavering back and forth on a Girl name though. If it's a girl, I am hoping we'll be able to decide easily and quickly...I can't just call her Baby Girl for hours or days!
Cam has been really into learning about new things....he likes to check out books from the library. Last week he found a book all about volcanoes. He made us read it to him over and over. He memorized all of the facts, so you can now ask him about magma and lava and the earth's crust and mantle layers. Nate took the kids outside and had them open cans of shaken-up soda to demonstrate an eruption. Not sure who had more fun with that...haha! This week Cam found books about tornadoes. I am actually really scared of tornadoes, so I'm NOT enjoying this! All the talk and pictures actually have been giving me really freaky dreams about tornadoes! But we have been learning about updrafts and supercells and all of those fun things. This is really lame of me, but tornadoes are literally the only thing that might change my mind about wanting to live in Tennessee!! Can't wait for a new topic next week! It's so fun watching Cam learn. Plus, I love the snuggle time Nate and I get to enjoy with him while we read and talk about the pictures and teach him all of the facts. Cam sits so still and focuses so hard. He asks a million questions and just eats up any info we can give him. This is about as close to homeschool as we're going to get, so I love it!
Cam got some money for his birthday, so yesterday Nate took him to Toys R Us to pick something out. He chose Legoes, which is also another cute, new thing about Cam lately. Now that he has his own room (atleast for a few months), we have been able to get him some "big boy toys"....toys that he is getting old enough to understand and take care of. He has some drawers in his room that are for his special toys only (sorry Roo and baby!), and he is VERY protective and proud of this. He keeps these drawers very organized and makes sure all of his special big boy toys (Legoes, transformers, Spiderman figures he got for his birthday) are put away every night before he goes to sleep. He always plays in his room before bed, but when I go to kiss him goodnight before I go to sleep, his room is always SPOTLESS. It's SO stinkin' cute, and it makes me happy that he's starting to mature and grow up slowly but surely! Nate LOVES Legoes too and never had brothers to play with growing up, so once again, not sure who is more excited, Nate or Cam!
Roo is growing. Eating like crazy and growing taller!! I can't believe she's going to be a Big Sister! I have felt so much joy lately about my family. I have felt the Lord specifically answer my prayers and bless me with so many feelings of peace and confidence and joy as a mother. I keep getting the strong impression that having 3 children is not going to be easy, but it's going to be good and exciting and wonderful. We are in a tough stage of life, but there is so much happiness and love to soak up and enjoy every day. I love Nate, Cam, Roo & Baby so so much. Hearing my kids call me "Mommy" and hearing them call Nate "Daddy" makes me so happy. I am in awe of this family that Nate and I have created. Cam and Roo are so awesome, and it amazes me that all along, they (and baby) were who Heavenly Father had been saving to send to us. I pray every day that I'm raising and teaching them in a way that is pleasing to the Lord....it's the hardest job ever, but also the best job ever!
***Don't forget to enter the giveaway below!
40's Reunion
3 days ago
5 comments:
My kids (especially Natalie) are terrified of tornadoes too. We're pretty safe in our corner of Ohio but still always a possibility. Can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks!!
James REALLY needs to know what Lego set Cam bought! ;-)
Oh my, that is the cutest thing ever (the library book stuff.) I remember doing that as a kid too. At least he likes things like volcanoes and tornados. I went and checked out all the books on the Holocaust. Ha ha, I think my mom was a little worried about that.
ha ha, Noelle. That cracks me up. Becca, if it makes you feel any better, as far as natural disasters go, I am REALLY scared of an earthquake. Maybe because we live in Utah and our fault is ready to burst open at any time. As far as tornadoes, my mom grew up in Chicago and had deal with a few of them and I don't think it scared her terribly. Hopefully that makes you feel somewhat better??
The kids are so beautiful. I love reading about their adventures...it takes me back to my time with my kids when they were younger. Good luck on the girl name...Raven was nameless for a couple of weeks after she was born, lol.
Post a Comment