My childhood friend's daughter passed away last night. Beautiful Lucy. I have been following Lucy and her twin sister, Hazel's story, and it broke my heart to hear of Lucy's passing this morning. Eliza and her husband have taught me so much about faith and humility.
I know God has a plan for each of us. That plan can bring us SO much peace and happiness in this life, if we choose to be faithful and follow it with exactness. But God's plan for His children also includes trials and pain and sadness and sickness and death. I am grateful that we have a loving Heavenly Father. His hand is over each of us, and no matter how hard life can get, He is always there to assure us that His ways are better than ours.
I can't help but look at my sweet Claire and feel overwhelmed with humility. She (and Cam and Roo) are such beautiful gifts to me. Why did I get to wake up to my smiley baby girl while my friend is suffering so badly? I don't understand why my children are so perfectly healthy, when so many other children aren't. I don't understand why some mothers have to endure the unthinkable trial of burying a child. I don't understand God's ways and wisdom all the time, but I have seen His hand in my life with such precision, that I don't feel the need to completely understand His ways. I trust Him. I trust His plan for me and my family. I have been given many trials in my life so far that have been extremely hard to bear, but today I am feeling grateful for those trials. Life is GOOD. Jesus Christ brings hope and peace and light and love. He lives. Because of His atonement, we can be with our families for eternity.
Bookmark Winner!
5 days ago

1 comment:
So heartbreaking. I am so thankful for the gospel.
Post a Comment