Friday, November 18, 2011

Perfect November Night

It's Friday night.
It's snowing outside.
Kids are in bed.
Nate is home.
Kitchen is clean.
House is quiet.
I'm going to curl up in bed with a book for the next few hours.
I've been waiting all week for this!
(Babe Ruth ice cream and a cherry coke may or may not be involved as well.)

Favorite moment of today:  As I nursed my baby Claire to sleep tonight, she stopped eating, looked up at me, reached out and grabbed my hand.  Then she went back to eating and fell asleep without a peep.

It's little moments like this that make me feel God's presence and love in my life more than anything else.  He is there.  He is real.  Claire was just with Him.  I feel His love through her and my other children every single day.

4 comments:

Lindsay Z said...

Oh that sounds nice. What book are you reading?

LilPrecious said...

That sounds like a pretty perfect Friday night in my book! Not sure about the Babe Ruth ice cream but the cherry coke sounds divine! You can't get cherry coke in Australia and I miss it like crazy!!

I'm curious like Lindsay - what book are you reading???

Not sure if I've told you but I'm working my way (slowly) through The Count of Monte Cristo!!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Love this post!

Becca Jane said...

I read (and finished!) "The Wednesday Wars". LOVED it. One of the funniest and most endearing books I've read in awhile.