Wow, time has flown. Hard to believe that last year on my birthday, we were looking at houses! We are so SO grateful that the Lord intervened when He did and pointed us in a different direction. We are now waiting (and waiting!) to hear back from the 2 programs. Our patience is being tested, but our faith is stronger than ever!
This morning, I was woken up by my cute little family. Nate had a plate of hashbrowns, eggs and toast. Cam was carrying the OJ, and Roo's job was to bring me my napkin. Such a sweet way to wake up! But even better than that, was that I got to enjoy the breakfast in the quiet of my bedroom while I could hear Nate doing his best to break up fights and deal with Cam's daily 7 am tantrum. Sigh!
Sadly Nate had to work ALL day today, and then he went to West Jordan to play basketball with Preston. So we just pretended my birthday is March 8, since he's off on Thursdays. We have a hot date tomorrow, can't wait!!
I got plenty of birthday love today though! I have wonderful friends!!! Strawberry Limeade from Sonic, Cake Bites and a Sugar cookie from Sweet Tooth Fairy, and a trip to the library. Staci offered to be my birthday buddy so I wouldn't have to be alone all day. I love her! My kids are being ANGELS today, and it's sunny out with blue skies. After a ridiculous trip all over Salt Lake City trying to find a Playland (and being dumped onto the freeway against our will!), we got ice cream and then came home and had dinner all together. We haven't done that in awhile, it was fun! Thank you Staci, for taking good care of me since Nate wasn't home!
I am too blessed, too loved, and am humbled every single day by God's goodness to me.
40's Reunion
3 days ago
1 comment:
YAY for birthdays!! Have a great time with the hubs. Can't wait to see you!!
Post a Comment