Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Dirty Dash 2012

Today is Nate's 29th Birthday!  Happy Birthday Dude!!!  I love you so much.

Today was also the Dirty Dash.  We signed up for it months ago, so I can't believe it's already over!  It ended up being one of the FUNNEST things I have ever done!!  It was pretty crazy and intense, we got pretty beat up!!  My parents were great and came up to watch the kids.  I was happy to have them there with us!

I want to remember it, so here is how it all went down:



We were in the 9:40 time slot.  We counted down from 10 and off we went!  We started out climbing a steep, muddy hill.  Right away, everyone was kicking/throwing mud, so it took about 10 seconds for us to become covered!  At the top of the hill was a huge spray of water that blasted us.  Then we ran.  Up and up and up!  SO steep!  We turned a corner and there was a huge, deep mud pit!  I held Nate's hand, and we sat down and slid in!  It was so hilarious.  I could barely wade through it, people kept falling all over each other!  It was hard to get back up the other side because it was so slippery, but Staci was there to help me out!  :)




Then after some more uphill running, we came to these big nets we had to climb over.  There was a shorter one and a REALLY high one.  Nate and I wimped out and did the smaller one, but it scared me so bad, I don't think I could have handled the taller one!!  Missy and Casey tackled it though, they were awesome! 

MORE uphill running, then we came to 4 yellow walls.  I hated these!!  I'm weak sauce, so I couldn't get over them by myself!  I had to climb on Nate's back to heave myself over them, haha!  I know I got some fun bruises from those!

We finally got to run downhill for a bit.  Then we came to another long, deep mudpit.  We were wading up to our waists!  The bottom of the mud pits were always really uneven, so we tripped a lot!  I kept trying to cling to Nate, but if one of us fell, we both went down!!

More running.  Then we came to a mudslide.  I slid down on my bum, and trust me...mud wedgies are NOT fun, haha!  Nate crashed into this girl and it sent his glasses flying!  Luckily they were okay!  All along the course, Nate would need to clean off his glasses, but there wasn't one clean spot on our clothes to use!!  So at one of the water stations, a volunteer offered to let him use her shirt!

After the mudslide were the tunnels.  These were my favorite!!  There were 3 of them, and after the 2nd one, we were blasted with so much water that we couldn't even see!

Next up were these big pipes to climb over.  They were pretty easy, except they were slippery, so I fell off one of them.  That's gonna leave another bruise!!

Then there were haybales.  Lots of haybales.  Then more running.  Then we came to this series of low pipes sitting over a lake of mud.  We had to crawl over, then under, then over, then under.  There were probably 10 pipes.  That was one of my favorites too!  Then we came to this long pile of mud that we hard to army-crawl through.  I was so exhausted and beat up!!

Then we hiked up a huge hill and went flying down this giant slip-n-slide.  We all went at the same time on our bellies.  SO FUN! 

Then we ended up at the big mud pools at the finish line.  Missy and Casey did front flips into them!  They are so awesome!  It was such a FUN race!  The entire time, we all kept saying how much fun we were having and how we can't wait to do it again! 



3 comments:

Ashley Ziegler said...

HOW FUN!!! I totally want to do that now...

Denis & Sarah said...

Wow, that sounds SO intense. Way to go, Becca! You are awesome!

Let the party begin... said...

Crazy, lol, and soooo much fun, I'm sure!