Saturday, September 15, 2012

Getting Older

This post is supposed to be about how Claire literally has gone from baby to big kid toddler overnight.  She's huge and old and big, and I don't like it!

BUT first, I just have to give some praise and loves to my Cameron.  I haven't even recognized him lately!  He has been SOOOO awesome.  He has been getting ready for school with no fighting us every morning, he comes home and does all of his homework with a happy attitude and does good, quality work on his writing (last year he used to scribble out his numbers and letters if he got bored).  He gets ready for Tae Kwon Do without whining, even if he has to leave his friends outside.  I can tell he is also learning how to handle himself better when bad/sad things happen to him.  For example, today his friend Natalie was supposed to have a birthday party at a bounce house.  Cam was SOO excited!!  But we got there, and it turned out that the party is tomorrow!!  (Horrible mother moment!!)  I fully expected a complete meltdown!!  He did get a little teary-eyed, but he stayed strong and said, "Aww, I'm so sad."  And that was it!  He is really maturing and growing up, and every day I see more and more glimpses of who he is going to become.  It's VERY rewarding for me, as his mother, because all of you know, it's been a long, tough 6 years.  We have been giving him lots of positive praise and letting him know how proud we are of him.  He just beams.  Cameron, Daddy and I love you so much!  We are so lucky that we got to have a Cameron in our family!  Heavenly Father truly gave us one of His best!!

So anyway, Claire is just big and old and huge.  I already said that.  But it's true.  She needs to stop it.  I can officially say that her first two words are "No!" and "Don't!"  Lovely.  And she screams them at you.  Little firecracker, that one!  In just the past 2-3 days, she has really started picking up her walking.  She's pretty close to walking full-time now.  I bought her a cute little pair of Robeez leather shoes, those are the best for this stage!  She also smiles on command now.  If you say "Miso!", she'll give you this toothy, crinkled-nose look, and it makes us laugh!  It's not really a 'smile' yet!!  I have been enjoying my quiet afternoons with her while the older two are at school.  We go to Target or play on the swings or walk to the library.  I love it.








 
And for the record, these two look SO much alike!
 
 

2 comments:

Ashley Ziegler said...

My nephew's first and favorite words were no and don't too!!! hahahaha they're still his favorite. hahahaha he'll yell them at the dog when we're trying to get the dog tos top barking. it's real cute.

but seriously, she looks SO much like cam!!

Ashley Ziegler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.