Thursday, September 6, 2012

Update!

I have been neglecting my blog lately!  I need to get back in the habit.  Time is flying by, and I don't want to miss out on recording our little life!

Things are going well for us.  Cameron is loving first grade and so far, he seems to be behaving himself!  He really loves his teacher, Mr. Grandy.  He has had a much better attitude about his homework than he did last year, so I'm relieved about that!  He is also becoming a little more interested in reading, which, if you know me at all, you would know makes me VERY excited!!  Tae Kwon Do is also going well.  Some days he is pretty tired and tends to slack off in class, but "Sir" keeps him in line!  We can't really afford TKD right now, BUT it has been so so so worth it.  His instructor is amazing with the students.  He spends time teaching them respect and focus and listening skills.  It has been so good for Cam, and I know it will only get better as time goes on.  I'm not sure when he will test for his orange belt, but so far he has learned his first form, "Chanji" really well!

Nate has been struggling with some health issues again lately, but we think it will be okay.  I have felt the Spirit calm my own nerves and fill my mind with peace.  We know God has a plan for our family, and so we press forward each day.  I just feel bad for Nate, and I wish he could feel better and enjoy this time in our lives a little more than he's able to right now.

Roo starts school today!  We met her teachers a few days ago, Jill and Sarah.  I think it's going to be a really fun year for her.  And I won't lie....I'll get a few hours to myself while Claire naps, and it's going to be great!  I have been focusing more on my scripture study recently, so I am excited to have that quiet time to do that.  I love the scriptures so much.  I am reading the Doctrine & Covenants right now, and it is so powerful.  I have also been doing some specific topic study.  I'm starting with the importance and blessings of keeping the Sabbath Day holy.  I feel as though I've been casual about that, and I want to improve on how I spend my time on Sundays.  We made a family rule of NO television, and that has helped bring the Spirit, but I feel like we can do even more.  We have also been doing a MUCH better job of having Family Home Evening than we EVER have, and I have felt a huge difference in our home.  I also have a goal to work on teaching my children the scripture stories a little better.  I have slacked in that, and I need to do better.

Claire still isn't really walking, she CAN, but she prefers to crawl since it's so much faster and easier!  She is a feisty, loud thing, and she makes us laugh all the time.

And as for me...well, I am actually doing REALLY well.  I have been really pushing myself with running and some weight training, and I feel so good!  I won a free entry to a 5K next month, so I get to run one more race this year!  I feel very balanced and happy right now.  I have always looked forward to having school-aged children.  I think I'm a better mother when we have a routine.  I have some time to myself to focus on exercise, scripture study, cleaning and baking, and so when my kids come home (or wake up, if you're Claire!), I feel ready to be with them.  Does that make sense?

Um, anything else?  Other than that, we have just been hanging out outside with Nicol and her cute girls a lot.  I love this nice weather where it's transitioning to Fall.  I can't believe it's already September again.

Finally, a few more pictures of my girlies (sorry Cam, you're gone all day now!).






 
By the way, I don't think anyone really reads this much anymore, which is fine.  But I am curious, so if you read this, please just leave a little comment saying hi!  :)

14 comments:

Sarah said...

I read it!

-Sarah in Ohio

DeAnn said...

I'm still here! -DeAnn in Ohio :)

Becca Jane said...

Way to represent Ohio, ladies!!

Janae said...

I'm reading! I love to hear how your life is going. Tell Nate that Chris and I will remember him in our prayers.

Bethany said...

Hi!

Merilee said...

Hi arney. I read it.
Erm - from erminstania

Marzipan said...

I always check your blog!! Love keeping up on your family!

Kari Lynne said...

I love reading your blog. Claire looks so grown up in those last pictures. I can't believe our babies aren't really babies anymore.

LilPrecious said...

I read your blog - I try for daily but I'm still learning how chrome works so haven't got all my blogs saved so that they come back when my computer reboots after scheduled updates!! :-) I love hearing how you and the kiddos are doing!!

Robyn said...

Hi!
I always feel like no one ever reads my blog, but keep doing it...its worth it if its just for yourself!

Millie said...

I'm always here!

The Piquant Storyteller said...

That hat looks familiar. Did I give that to you before we moved?
Tristan

Becca Jane said...

Tristan, I have no idea where it came from, so you probably did! Funny!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE reading your blog! I love how you write about the daily things that are going on in your life. I love how you share your thoughts and feelings without hesitation. Your blog has inspired me to write more personal things on my blog. (and I LOVE seeing pictures of the cinder block walls. There are days I miss them!)