Saturday, October 6, 2012

I Did It!!

I am SO pumped right now!!  I have always wanted to run a 5K race in under 30 minutes.  It's been a goal of mine for YEARS.  It's on my Bucket List.  I have been working hard the past few weeks on improving my speed, and it paid off!

I DID IT!!!

This morning was the Great Pumpkin 5K at Wheeler Farm.  I ran it in 27:22!!!  I hit it out of the park!!  (It was actually 2.96 miles, which is annoying!)  I ran the whole thing with Nate's sister, Missy.  She paced me really well.  I hope we can run more races together!  I also got to meet the beautiful Ashley Allen, who I have been friends with via our blogs/fb for a few years now. 

My Garmin was also a HUGE factor in my speed.  I was able to see exactly how fast I was running.  Best money I've ever spent.  I love my Garmin!  The other good thing about today's race was the course.  It was flat and so beautiful.  I hope they have a race here every year.

It's fun for me to see how far I have come in 6 months with running.  Especially when I remember this post.  I accomplished both of the goals I set back then!!  On to my next goals!  Now I can ease up on the 5K's a bit and start working towards some 10K's and hopefully a half marathon in 2013!




3 comments:

Lindsay Z said...

I LOVE the high after a good run!! Good job cuz!

DeAnn said...

Yay! We've both come a long way since Richfield. Although that was a blast!

Anonymous said...

You inspire me! You really have been my motivation since you started posting your runs on Facebook. Keep it up! You are doing FANTASTIC!