Back in September, Nate and his little sister, Mallory, were chatting online. He was just asking her how she's doing, because he's an awesome big brother like that. They got on the subject of scripture study, and Mal told us she has never read the Book of Mormon all the way through. Ooh, this is my favorite thing in the world, so I immediately offered to read it with her. You all know how much I love to make reading goals and schedules. So we agreed on 5 pages a day, which starting on September 19, would have had us finishing right at New Year's. Perfect!
So I wrote us up a schedule, and off we went. At first, I kept bugging her, "Did you read today?". Well, in the middle of October, I found out that she was kicking my trash! She was already 60 pages ahead. I was shocked and SO SO proud and excited! She said she can't stop reading! Ooh, best thing ever!
I couldn't let her get too far ahead, so this made me kick my reading up a ton. I started reading 10+ pages a day. It was so wonderful! I felt the effects of that immediately in my life.
We stayed ahead of schedule, but I'm still in the middle of Ether, I have about 45 pages left. But last night, Mallory texted us and said she FINISHED!! She finished 25 days ahead of schedule! That is AWESOME! So now I know what I'll be doing this weekend!!
Mal, we are so proud of you! The Lord is so proud of you! You didn't just read the Book of Mormon, you read it in less than 3 months! That is such a huge accomplishment! We love you! I'm taking you out for dessert when you come to Utah!
Now go read it again.
And again.
By the way, I have a plan for how I'm going to study that wonderful book next time around. And then a different plan for the time after that. Can't wait!!
Bookmark Winner!
5 days ago
1 comment:
It shamefully took me a year. Perhaps I will do the 5 page challenge in the New Year. I am just in suchhhhh a reading funk. It's bad. Ugh.
Post a Comment