Claire got Dora jammies at Kid to Kid for $2. She loves them. She'll point to her big ole belly and run around the house yelling "Dora!!". She is also obsessed with wearing Cam's slippers. If you try to take them away from her, she'll scream like she's being horribly tortured.
Cameron is teaching himself to go cross-eyed. Do you remember doing this is a kid? Looking at your finger until it reached your nose? Hilarious.
Man, this kid is such a blast. It's a constant roller coaster with him, and the past few days he's been on a major UP. Just doing awesome. Obeying, helping his sisters, overall having a great attitude. It is so wonderful, and I'll take it as often as I can get it! It won't last long, but I like to use these happy times to try and teach and show him how much happier he is when he makes good choices. The UP times obviously are going to lengthen in time and occurrence as he gets older, and I love seeing that light at the end of the tunnel with him. You all know what a long 6 years it's been!! Maybe he's giving us a break so we can gear up for Miss Claire to take over! ;) I worry sometimes that I put too much pressure on my kids. I do have high expectations of them. I do tend to put teaching them respect, hard work, and the Gospel WAY ahead of being their friend. It's hard to find that balance. My parents were the same way. I knew I was loved, but I also knew my parents wanted me to succeed and grow up with strong values MORE than they wanted anything else. I appreciate that now. But like I said...balance. So I'm trying to relax more and enjoy him just as much as I focus on raising him. Does that make sense? I read this quote, and it summed it up perfectly. "Don't let yourself become so concerned with raising a good kid that you forget you already have one." -Glennon Melton
The other night, Nate said he wants 5 or 6 kids. I'm pretty sure he was serious. I'm drawing the line at 4 though, and I'd really like to draw it at 3!! I told him that any kids we have from here on out are HIS. ;)
I like that he wants a big family though. Because it means he loves being a father. It means he's always going to have my back as we raise our family. He's involved. It's awesome. It's sexy! I love that man. He is so dang good to me, I can't even stand it.
I like that he wants a big family though. Because it means he loves being a father. It means he's always going to have my back as we raise our family. He's involved. It's awesome. It's sexy! I love that man. He is so dang good to me, I can't even stand it.
1 comment:
I really liked that quote Becca! I'm far from the experience you have in being a mom but I already can see that there are some things we need to let go of in order to have that balance. You're a great mom and I'm sure they know that you love them. Thanks for this post and your comment on mine. (PS I need to give you your book back)
Post a Comment