10 miles. Done.
Staci and I ran along the Salt Lake Half Marathon course this morning. Now I know exactly what to expect on race day. It's an awesome course. We averaged an 11-minute mile instead of a 12-minute mile. (I'm so slow!). It was a tough run just because the streets we had to run on have HORRIBLE sidewalks. We spent so much time and energy having to dart in and out of the road, avoid snow/ice patches, and stop at lights. The race will be nice since we can run on the road and not have to stop for anything.
Well, I'm tired! I'm giving myself a rest week next week (6 miles for my long run), and then I just need to do an 11-miler and a 12-miler. Then a week or two of tapering and then it's time to do this thing!!!
It's been such a great experience getting ready for this race. It's been really tough. This run this morning was NOT easy. It's a lot of hard work. I'm looking forward to not having to do these 2-hour runs anymore. They hurt! But I'm glad I'm doing this. It means a lot to me, and it's something I'll be able to be proud of for the rest of my life.
Poor Nate probably won't be able to run it with me. :( His knee is hurting, and even if it were magically healed today, he doesn't have time anymore to build up to that mileage. He's NOT happy about it. So sad.
40's Reunion
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment