Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Up and Down

Today was a crazy Up and Down sort of day.

While the older two were at school, Nate, Claire and I drove out to West Jordan.  Robyn watched Claire while Nate and I did a session at the Jordan River temple, followed by lunch.  It was wonderful.  We had the opportunity to be the witness couple, which is always a neat experience.  In the Celestial Room, we both felt happy and peaceful and calm and confident that we don't need to worry or stress about our future. The Lord has a plan for us.

We got home, and it was time to take Cameron to tae kwon do.  He and Nate walked out the door, and a few minutes later, Nate called and said he couldn't find his car in either parking lot.  My heart sank.  He said he'd go check both parking lots again and call me back.  But it was gone.  Our trusty Civic, Annie, my baby I've driven for 14 years is GONE!

Stolen.

I am crushed.  I know worse things could and have happened, but I am very attached to that car.  I basically sat there and bawled while Nate called the police and our insurance company.  A campus office came over and filed a report.  Annie is in the system now, so she'll come up as stolen if her plates are run.  The officer said that lots of Civics have been being stolen, driven around, and then ditched lately, so there is a possibility that we'll get her back.  I'm praying that is the case.  Really, REALLY praying!

I keep going back and forth between being SO angry and upset and sad to being grateful that it wasn't worse.  At least they didn't steal the van.  At least there was nothing of value inside.  Our kids are safe and healthy and here with us, safely tucked in their beds.  We have a lot to be grateful for.

Up and down, emotionally.  I'm really tired.  Off to bed.  Hoping to run off some of my stress in the morning, and then I get to drive Nate to work...


3 comments:

KelseyTaylor said...

How awful. I'm sorry!!! Maybe look at the good part- you driving Nate to work just means more time together! That's always a bonus!!!

Cory Reese said...

That is just crazy. You hear about stuff like this on the news but to actually have it happen in real life....wow. So sorry.

The Piquant Storyteller said...

Oh Becca! I am so sorry! That happened to my sister and her car was recovered. Hopefully yours will be too. Unfortunately it's a common problem. Gangs will sweep neighborhoods either breaking into cars or stealing them altogether. I am so sorry. It's rough going from two cars to one. But I'm glad you can already see blessings - nothing of value inside, it wasn't your van, your family is safe. Things could always be worse. But I hope they find your car. And maybe beat up the guys who did it! :)