Pretty much a repeat post from two weeks ago. Still no job, enjoying pumpkin patches, running and trying to increase my spirituality. My dad and I attended the Provo Temple together last week. I needed that! I haven't been to that temple since I've been married, so it was nice to go there again.
Cam and Nate ran the Salem Witches 5K on Saturday. My dad went and ran with them. They did great! Cam told me he wants to run a half marathon with me one day. I am so excited that he loves running!
I ran the Howloween Half marathon on Saturday night. I've decided that I will NEVER do a night race again! They are terrible! I just prefer mornings. But I ran with Shaylee, and we helped each other finish. Our time wasn't great, but I told her I wasn't going to leave her behind. There was this sweet deaf man who we kept seeing along the course. Whenever he would see us, he'd give us a thumbs up, to "check in" that he was doing well. Shaylee signed with him afterwards, and turns out he was all alone. No one to cheer him on. I'm so grateful we could be his support. Sometimes races have NOTHING to do with yourself. Sometimes you are meant to be there for someone else. I am grateful I could do that for Shaylee and this nice man because I can't even count how many times someone has been there for me. When he finished, he came up and thanked us and wanted a picture. Made my night!!!
I also spent some time with Cathy this week. We always laugh when we get together because we have 8 kids between us and it's just nuts. I love this girl. She is a blessing in my life right now!!
Bookmark Winner!
5 days ago









2 comments:
I love that you are spending so much time with your family!
Keep enjoying the good moments with your friends and family. When the hard part is over you will want to remember how much fun you did have in the midst of it all. My heart goes out to you. I've been there and it's not easy. Love you!
Tristan
Post a Comment