Monday, March 21, 2016

Our Canadian Family

I opened my messages late last week and there it was:

"Becca, we're getting in the car next week and just driving.  We think West Virginia sounds good!"

Darren and Lesley came to see us!  The timing could NOT have been better.  I had such an awful week with all the home repair stuff.  I NEEDED this!

They arrived late on Wednesday night and stayed until Saturday morning.  We went to the gym, ate omelets, Fran and Darren bonded, we toured the Capitol, ate lots of steak, watched movies and just had a really nice time visiting and laughing together!  It was really just what I needed to boost my spirits!  They may swing back by on their way home from Mississippi later this week.  And then DeAnn and her kids come next week!  Yay!

It was really cool to explore Charleston a little.  I seriously fall more and more in love with this place with each passing week.  It's so beautiful, calm, quaint and feels like home.  I cannot believe that after all we went through, we were so blessed to end up here!  





No comments: