Saturday, September 18, 2010

Nate

Six years ago today, a cute boy named Nate came to my door for our 1st date.
My wonderful aunt posted this on facebook:  "The best thing you can do for your kids is to love your spouse even more than you love them."  I love this.  The relationship between husband & wife deserves more time, attention, effort & affection than any other relationship we will ever have.  Our children need to feel and see this every single day so that they will grow up knowing that their own marriage needs to be and can be the same way.  This is how we build the kingdom of God on the earth:  one forever family at a time.

Cameron & Allison, I want you to know how much I love your father.  Not only is he extremely handsome (which you already know because it's pretty much his genes that made you both so gorgeous yourselves!), but he is one of the kindest, most selfless, hilarious, loving and uplifting people you will ever know. 
***
On a different note, I swear I could hear heavenly angels singing tonight when our wonderful friends gave us their dishwasher!!  It's amazing how much you appreciate something after you've gone without!!  So very happy to not have to spend my days scrubbing the crevices of our forks & sippy cups!  On to bigger & better things with my time.... like watching re-runs of The Office.  And speaking of television, the season premier of Castle is on Monday, can't wait!

***
This morning Nate & I got to go to the temple and see our friends Josh & Merilee be sealed to their adopted son, LJ.  It was such a wonderful experience, the Spirit of the sealing power of the Priesthood was felt so strongly.  Lucas is theirs forever now.  Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin's brother, David, performed the sealing.  He was the MTC president when Nate & I were there, so we visited with him and his wife for a few minutes.  He said that his daughter also met her husband in the mission field!  It was a special morning to start off our weekend!  I love it when Nate takes Saturdays off because it means we're up to some fun!

2 comments:

starnes family said...

Congrats to your friends! That's awesome. Happy you got a dishwasher, too. I've lived without over the years and it's tough. You deserve the break!

And, yall are the greatest couple.....keep on keeping on!

DeAnn said...

I'm going to start watching Castle soon. I have to catch up on a couple of other shows but then I'll need a new one!

I was hoping the title meant an update on his student teaching. How's it going? Or am I wrong and he's not doing that now?