Best Buddies, Logan & Cameron, ready for school!
A 30-second walk from our door!
SO excited to hang up his backpack. Does this kid look happy or what??
(By the way, I didn't send my son to school with a messy face...he got a chapped lower lip from 4-wheeling in Glenwood!)
All the kids were asked to write their name. He just wrote CAM so we didn't hog the whole board...I need to come up with shorter names for our next kids!! I love that he's a lefty!!
I'm such a nerdy mom....look how cute his bucket is! That's my Cameron!!
Sitting in class, ready for lunch!
Kristi & I walked home together....not sure what to do with the silence the next few hours! It's weird sitting here all alone...Roo is napping. It's SO quiet!! I'm excited for this time now to do some real Gospel study like in the mission field, clean, relax, and chill with the Roo.
***This morning, I babysat cutie Miss Destanee. She's 9 months old. We were all sitting on the floor playing with cars, and Cameron goes, "Mom, I want another baby at our house like Destanee. Another girl baby." Me too, Cam, me too. We've wanted another baby at our house for a long, long time now. It kind of made me sad to hear him say that because I can tell he would be such a great big brother to another baby. Allie too....she would flip if she had her own real baby to dote on every day!! Sometimes it's hard to have patience and know that the Lord has His hand over everything in our lives. It's funny how things usually don't seem to go according to "the plan". I've made dozens and dozens of 'plans' in my life....and only one plan has actually gone the way I thought it would...and that was my plan to go on a mission. Every other plan has taken a significant detour....including child spacing in our family. But in the end, the Lord knew what He was doing. My original plans would NOT have led me to this point in my life. So I've learned to just play along, have faith, and put my trust in Him. I pray daily that another baby and a job in Nashville are what the Lord wants for us this next year, but if it's not, then there will be a reason. It's tough...I really, really want this plan to work out this time!!! But Christ taught us how to live and how to approach life. "For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me." John 6:38. Isn't that the purpose of life? To become like our Heavenly Father and ultimately become gods and goddesses ourselves? Only through complete faith and using prayer and the Spirit to find our path in life will we be truly happy.







4 comments:
I can't believe he's in school already! He was still a baby when we moved. He looks very happy. Parker is the same way. If an all day kindergarten was offered I would put him in it because he loves school so much. I'm with you though, the mornings take forever with a little guy so excited to go.
Enjoy silent nap time/Mommy alone time. And when Allie wakes up enjoy the heck out of her. I can't believe how much fun I'm having with Gwen all to myself in the afternoons. Drink up this moment. When it's gone you will never have another one like it again. You'll have new moments to enjoy. :)
I totally know what you mean about "planning" - while I was in Australia I came up with this plan that I loved, loved, loved that would get me through my Master's program while Jer was finishing his school, but then Kaiah came along! I am so glad that she did - I have found that the Lord's plans are always better than mine!
So cute! You can tell how excited he was to go to school. So fun!
I love this post :) I hope the Lord's plan is the same as yours for this year too! Although, if you went to Nashville...then that would mean you wouldn't be staying in the Village! Nooo!!! :)
Post a Comment