On Saturday morning, we had our annual court Easter Egg hunt. Roo was HILARIOUS. She ran faster than I've ever seen her go, and she knew exactly what her mission was! It was a beautiful morning.
After the Hunt, we had a Relief Society Birthday lunch. Our wonderful Stake President spoke about 5 topics:
*Trying
*Tithing
*Temples
*Testimony
*Thanks
Then a couple who has 5 children, spoke about budgeting and parenting. It was a lot of really great advice. It is amazing to hear stories of how the Lord blesses young families when they do their best to follow Him. After that, we did a service project and ate a delicious lunch. It is always so nice to sit and visit with my friends. I'm so glad Nate was home so I could just go and relax!
Nothing else too exciting has been going on. Just the usual around here! I ran 2 miles this morning, without stopping. I can't believe how much more I can do than I thought! Having a running buddy sure makes all the difference in the world! I feel SO GOOD. Already can't wait for Wednesday morning!! I REALLY need new running shoes though. Signing up for the Dirty Dash was kind of pricey though, so there went my shoe allottment. So I've been selling some things to try and earn the money to buy them. I could just use our savings, but I like pushing myself to earn them. I don't know why, but I feel guilty spending money on myself.
Claire still doesn't have any teeth yet, but she sure loves "people food"! She likes to eat whatever we are having, instead of her baby food. She loves red cabbage and quesadillas and pasta and squash and pancakes!! I just hope she's getting the nutrients she needs.... She still nurses often, so I assume she is!
The other day, Cam came out of his room and handed me this. It cracked me up!!
For family night last week, Cam said he wanted to be in charge. So he gave us each a piece of paper and told us to draw something "cool or beautiful". haha! Then we all drew pictures of our family. Nate did the good ones, Cam and I did the stick figures, and Roo drew the orange heads. So fun!!
40's Reunion
3 days ago
2 comments:
Once I get better we can run together. I'm stopping a lot right now. Thanks for posting about the easter egg hunt and the rs activity. I missed out! Btw there is a free 5k downtown in April if you wanna run it with me.
Roo has her Pepperdine tank on. :)
Post a Comment