My dear, sweet friends, Lesley and Darren came back to Utah for another quick trip. Remember last time? Well, we were determined to make this trip work out a little better! And it did! We had a few little snags (the SL temple being closed, Lesley losing her camera, Darren's brief sock/sandal issue, Darren waiting outside while we were waiting inside), but nothing major like last time! We had a wonderful day!
I met them at the Jordan River temple. I was so happy to see my favorite people! We had a wonderful session. It was fun to watch Lesley's reaction to how busy and large that temple is. I loved sitting next to my dear friend, and we got to enjoy some great conversation in the Celestial Room. I can't think of anything else I would have rather spent time doing with them.
Then we drove back up to my place to pick up Nate and the kids. Lesley and I talked and talked and talked! She is definitely one of my most favorite people to talk to, and I love her so much! We went to Costa Vida for lunch, SO yummy! Then we walked around the shops, bought matching Downeast shirts, and had treats at Sweet Tooth Fairy. Then we unfortunately had to say goodbye. They were heading on up to Rexburg to pick up Chelsea.
We hope that one day we can meet up for a few days, instead of a few hours. It will happen! Lesley, thank you so so much for spending the day with me! You and Darren are family to us!!
40's Reunion
3 days ago

1 comment:
I cried reading this post. I feel so happy knowing we got to hang out and loved that my first time in a big temple, was with you. I remember having my testimony of the gospel being strengthened in that moment. Darren really had a very relaxing time that day and it meant a lot to me that we hung out. I'm sad because of our beautiful pictures being lost to record our memories of our special time. I wish we could come back and see you again soon. Loved our conversations and I will always be forever grateful to call you friend! You're one of my favorite people too! Nate is a sweetheart as are your adorable children!! Thank you for a wonderful day!
Post a Comment