Thursday, February 7, 2013

Book Orders!

I love Book Orders.  I loved them as a child, and I love them now.  I remember I used to study each book order catalog and mark my favorites.  Now when my children bring them home, I send them off with a crayon and tell them to circle their favorite choices.  It's so much fun!

Roo got her Book order catalogs today, and I was so excited to see one of my favorite books in it!  About a year ago, Cam and I were at a book store, and we found this book called "Press Here."  We read it together, and we both LOVED it.  It is seriously the cutest book ever!  But it was a whopping $26 at the store (no thanks!) and Amazon didn't have it for much cheaper.  We both forgot about it, until about 6 months later when we were at that store again.  Cam said, "Mom, remember that cool book we found last time?"  We looked again, but couldn't find it.  So I was happy when I found it in Roo's book order for only $12!  I can't wait to surprise Cam with it, probably for an Easter gift.

If you can get your hands on this book, please do!  It's a good one!



My kids are really into I Spy books right now.  Allie got some birthday money, so she picked out a Minnie Mouse I Spy book last month.  She and Cam like to race to see who can find the items first.  Cam also has some 1st Reader I Spy books that he can read now.  It has been so fun to see his reading improve since he's been in First grade.

We haven't been doing a very good job of getting to the library every week lately.   Gotta fix that!  Less TV, more books.  Winter is rough!

I haven't been reading much either.  I spent a lot of time focused more on my scripture study, which obviously has been amazing and well-worth it.  But I do miss my novels and other books.  I'm in the mood to re-read some of my favorites.

What have you been reading lately?

No comments: