Lots of wonderful things happened. Let's talk about those first.
-Our Primary Program was yesterday, and it went just beautifully. The children sang their sweet hearts out, and every child said their part clearly. It was perfection. The Spirit was strong, and even though I had written their parts, I knew each child believed and understood the truth of what they were saying. I love my calling! I admit that it took me a few months to understand God's reasoning for putting me in the same calling twice. I wasn't upset about it, but I just didn't understand why. I'm not perfect at it, in fact, I rely on my counselors more than I probably should (they are wonderful!), but I love the children SO much. They make me so happy every Sunday.
-BYU/Utah game. Our Cougars didn't win, but that's okay. I love game day! I love the feeling in the air. We are loyal, strong, true and royal BLUE, no matter what!
-Nate and I ran in our annual Stake 5K on Saturday morning. Ashley paced me, and we came in under 30 minutes. I HATE that hill on the Foothill Loop! I don't mind other hills, but for some reason, that one kills me. The course was short, only 2.8 miles, so I ran part of the parking lot home to get to 3. I'm not sure what my time was, but I'm pretty sure it was a PR. I also had a really great track workout on Friday morning. My first of hopefully MANY. I loved it.
-Papa John's BBQ bacon chicken pizza dipped in garlic butter sauce. With Dr. Pepper. Fatty Becca Jane.
-John Mayer in 12 days. Seriously.
BUT...
All that awesomeness aside, I spent a lot of time in tears this weekend. Selfish tears. Tears and sadness and frustration and darkness that shouldn't have been there, and really wouldn't have been there if my focus was more where it needs to be.
Completely, solely, entirely on Christ.
One of my favorite running blogs I read is of a Christian woman who lives in Oregon. She posted these pictures awhile back, and they hit me hard when I saw them.
VS
I do not feel like I focus too much on running specifically, but several "life words" of mine are in focus more than God and Christ lately. These pictures say a lot. We can have hobbies, interests, friends, etc. We are supposed to. God sent us here to experience joy. BUT the danger comes when we let those things overtake our ultimate focus. It's so easy to have our lives look like the first picture. We still worship, pray, keep the commandments, etc. So we think we're doing just fine. God is still THERE. But is He in complete focus? Something to think about.
It's time for me to do better. I have to. I want to. I will.


3 comments:
You can! We can always do better.
I love that! Thank you for sharing! :)
I love that!
Post a Comment