My wonderful dad stopped by this morning while he was in Salt Lake. I love him. Next to Nate, he is probably my best friend. I could hang out with him all day, every day.
Nine years ago this month, the two of us were backpacking the Himalayas in Nepal. Besides my mission, it was the coolest experience ever. Eleven days of bliss.
And yes, the Himalayas are unreal. Just massive.
(and please, ignore my haggard appearance....you'd look like that too, I promise.)
And yes, the Himalayas are unreal. Just massive.
(and please, ignore my haggard appearance....you'd look like that too, I promise.)
Anyway.....
He came over to play with his grandchildren and visit. It was so nice. We talked about motherhood. We talked about Nate. We talked about finances. We talked about his work. He is a doctor. A very good one. He loves and cares about his patients more than he needs to, and his patients can tell.
I love you, Dad.
He brought us green beans & zucchini. He also brought us oranges. Straight from Arizona. Have you ever had Arizona citrus? It tastes like heaven. They are taking up every nook & cranny of my fridge, and we are gobbling them up.
And finally...
If you come to my house and poop on the potty, you too can have
5 M&Ms.
Just so you know.










4 comments:
Awww, I want random visits from Dad. And Arizona citrus. I always loved the grapefruit.
lol how funny... and genius!! that m&m idea would totally work with carsen. he's a chocoholic.
i love dads. they always seem to know when you need a visit!
those oranges sound positively delicious.
that is so funny (the M@M part.) How fun that you and your dad are such great friends! He is so young and he looks so much like your husband (at least from what I can tell, never having met either of them;) )
Great post. And about the M&M's, I'm booking the flight now! LOL!
Post a Comment