Dear Cameron & Allison,
Your great-grandpa Ben passed away last night. He was the only grandparent I ever knew. I am so glad that you both got to meet him. Cameron, you have been able to meet him a few times in Salem & Glenwood. He loved watching you run around and say your funny commentary on everything around you. Allie, you were very lucky to have a chance to meet him in Arizona a few months ago. I'm so grateful he was able to hold you and see you.
Love, Mom
***
My favorite memories of Ben are when we lived in Oregon. He would come up from Arizona to visit us. On his way to our house from the airport, he would always stop and get donuts. He never came to our house without a big box of donuts. I still think of him everytime I eat a yummy maple bar!!
I never knew my mom's mom, his wife De. But I know that he loved her. I know that their reunion was joyous and long-awaited! He married a wonderful woman, Theresa, nearly 6 years ago. We love you, Theresa! I can't wait to go hiking with you!! We hope that you will stay close to us and continue to be our Grandma!
All of my siblings are flying in for the funeral. He's having one in Arizona and one in Utah. We haven't all been together since my wedding. It will be a good reunion!
40's Reunion
3 weeks ago



3 comments:
sorry about the loss of your grandpa. Sounds like he was a great man!
I, too, am sorry for your loss. Lots of prayers coming your way and hopes of a good reunion with your family.
I'm sorry for your loss. That is nice that both Cam and Allie got to meet him.
Post a Comment