Allison likes to play Peek-A-Boo behind the coat rack. She'll poke her head out and yell "Boo!"
Have I mentioned that she's finally walking now? Like really walking, as in it's her main mode of transportation from A to B.
Upcoming Plans/Goals:
- Plant a garden (our complex gives us garden plots).
- Learn how the heck to plant a garden.
- Keep this alleged garden alive and use it's harvest to feed my family this summer/fall.
- Organize Cameron's toys. His bedroom drives me crazy. You can't see the floor most days. Plus, he has pulled his toy armoire over on top of himself TWICE....my heart has stopped beating two times now hearing that crash and seeing my poor boy underneath this piece of furniture. I've since replaced the toys with our linens in hopes that he won't feel the need to climb up it to fetch a pillowcase!
- Learn how to bake bread. I'm getting a wheat-grinder from my parents for my birthday, and my goal is to never buy bread again. I will keep you posted on this one, because there are several whole wheat bread recipes out there, and I'll let you know which one I end up liking. I got a Bosch Mixer for Christmas a few years ago, and my goal to become my mother is well under-way. Next on the list is to get canning supplies and a sewing machine.
- Keep running. I started running last week with my friend Sarah. We have a 3-mile loop we run at 7 am. It killed us last week, but we'll beat it soon. My goal is to run it in under 30 minutes. Then when I can do that, I want to run it twice nonstop. Yes, another baby is in our plans, but until then, I'm gonna get FIT BABY FIT!
- Now that the ridiculous Bachelor is over, I'm down to just two must-watch shows a week. TWO! That's a record for me. LOST & The Office. I was hooked on the Biggest Loser, but LOST got in the way since it starts halfway through, lame. We also started watching 24, but we got behind and haven't caught up yet. We'll catch it on hulu one of these days. I'll miss my Monday night Bachelor gag-fests with my dear friend Noelle. We would take turns baking delicious desserts and try to keep them down as we laughed hysterically. That was fun. We can't decide if we'll be able to stomach Ali for an entire season.....
- I need new clothes. Badly. Especially pants. I like to buy things for my kids and for Nate. But I have a hard time spending money on myself, especially for good, quality clothes. I'm embarrassed to say that several items in my closet have been there since before Nate & I got married. I'm picky about my jeans. I only like to buy them from the GAP because a) they fit/look the best, and b) they last forever. But it's so hard for me to go drop $70 on a pair of pants right now. I try not to whine too much about our current status as poor students....but lately I've been whining a lot....like every time I get dressed!!!
- Lately I've been feeling like I'm getting dumber. Seriously. I've been thinking about taking a class or doing an online course. My brain needs a workout. Maybe I'll get out my medical assisting textbooks and re-learn anatomy and clinical procedures. Or maybe I'll take a literature class. Something....I'll keep you posted on that too.





7 comments:
go to the outlets to get your jeans. The Gap outlet has their jeans for 30-40$ regular priced, and if you have a coupon or a gap card, you can get 20-30% off sometimes.
Yay Gap!! I go to the outlet and spend about $20 on my jeans. LOVE THEM! And speaking of good TV, I watched the new show "Marriage Ref" and thought it was HILARIOUS!
I found you again!!! I have been so sad you haven't updated since december... now I know where to look!
We should take a class together. Even if its just an institute class or something. Or child development.
Ok Erm, lets. But maybe not child development....what about bowling? Or modern dance? In our pajamas.
Aww, Vern
I totally relate to the getting stupider syndrome...:)
Post a Comment