Roo's appetite has picked up lately, I think she's growing. She eats everything in sight! Just a few weeks ago, I couldn't get her to eat anything. Her newest favorite food is peas. And pears. And sandwiches. She wouldn't touch any of those until a few days ago. Her red, itchy skin seems to be getting a little better. Thanks to my sweet friend, Becky's suggestions, we now have a "sodium laureth sulfate FREE home." Apparently this chemical is in a TON of normal products...shampoos & soaps. It's really irritating to the skin. So we've replaced everything in our bathroom and at our sinks with brands that don't have it.
I have been staying busy with my Relief Society Secretary calling. Meetings, visits, more meetings, and lots of time on the computer updating information. The four of us meet each week as a Presidency, and I have come to LOVE these beautiful women so so much. We have amazing discussions about the Gospel and the women in our ward. I almost feel like a missionary again because my mind is constantly being focused on how I can love and serve them. I testify to you all that true happiness comes when we serve others.
L-R: Becca, Melanie, Kari, Millie
Nate has started classes up again for the summer. He's SO ready to be done with classes in December. I don't even really know what it's like to have a husband who doesn't have homework to do every night... although when he's a teacher, he'll have to grade homework every night!! We're heading down to Glenwood for Memorial Day weekend and can't wait to go 4-wheeling, fishing, boating, bike riding, running, and relax at the house. It'll be a much-needed couple of days!!



5 comments:
that was one rule with john being a teacher... school work stays at school! he's never brought papers home to grade cuz i won't allow it. when he's home, he's ours. he can grade papers at school where he's being paid to do it! ;)
Have fun in Glenwood! I wish we could go when we come to Utah...it sounds like so much fun!
Sounds like yall do need a break! Enjoy it.......it will be here soon enough! Until then, stay sane.
YAY!!! Now your family can have happy skin!! Hopefully that is the trick.
sooo jealous! It has been way to long since last I saw Glenwood
Post a Comment