Thursday, June 3, 2010

Impressions

I have had two distinct, strong, almost tangible impressions from the Spirit in my life.  Obviously I have had lots of impressions & guidance from the Lord as I've lived my life so far.  The Lord promises his children that He will be on our right hand and on our left...  He loves us and will be as involved in our lives as we allow Him to be.
But two impressions were the strongest.

The first was about my decision to serve a mission.  I was 20 years old, and I was sitting in Church and we sang the hymn, 'Go Forth With Faith."  When we sang the verse that says, "Go forth with faith to tell the world of Jesus Christ, the Lord.  Bear witness he is God's own son; proclaim his wondrous word. Go forth with hope and courage strong to spread the word abroad, that people of all nations are children of our God."  I broke down and couldn't sing anymore.  I knew I had to go on my mission and turned in my papers a week later.  I knew I wanted to go to a foreign country...although I wasn't quite prepared for a place as foreign as Korea!  But luckily there was a cute boy named Nate a few miles north getting ready to serve his mission to Korea too.  The Lord knew we would meet there, love and serve the people, work hard with no regrets, and come home to find happiness together.

The second & strongest was to have Allison Jane.
I felt impressed upon to have Cameron, but it also just seemed like the next step in life, so I was ready for that and wasn't hit quite as hard with a prompting...it was more like a "go ahead, you have my blessing" feeling.  But with Allie girl, I was standing in my living room, next to the window....  I still wasn't ready for another baby yet...but right then, I felt the strongest feeling I've ever felt.  I could almost touch it.  I'll never forget it.
Have another baby.  Have it now.  This baby will be very special to your family.
I called Nate that very second and said, "We need to have another baby."
"I know," is all he said.  And we hung up.

When the Lord speaks to Nate & I, we obey.

This is our reward:


Cam, Roo, Grandpa Wood

She completely fell asleep in the swing this morning.

4 comments:

Lindsay Z said...

So precious...

DeAnn said...

Thanks for sharing. Sometimes I wish I could fall asleep like that but as a mom, it's probably better that I can't. :)

Missy said...

So sweet! :)

starnes family said...

You know I love reading about your faith. Happy for you guys!