The fun Holiday weekend continued yesterday, we drove down to Salem and met up with my parents and Bill's family again. We then headed up into Payson Canyon to hike. I love being outside. I miss hiking and backpacking, it was such a big part of my childhood! I hadn't been up to this particular trail since Nate & I first started dating. We hiked around this lake for one of our first dates, and it was weird to be back again, but with 2 kids in tow!
I was so proud of my babies. I loved seeing them be so comfortable and happy in the great outdoors. I think lots of Grandpa's genes made it to these two!!
Nate, Dad, & Bill paying the park fees.
Cameron blew me away with his hiking. He was at the front of the group and just trucked along. He was happy as could be. He's so high-energy that hiking is just his thing...he can just go go go. I have no doubts that there are lots of hikes with Grandpa in his future!
Roo was obviously slow-going, but she was quite the trekker herself! If the trail was flat, she wanted to be walking. The trail was pretty steep on the way down to the creek though.
We hiked about half a mile or so to this beautiful creek. We hung out there for a few hours and just played. We put on sandals and the kids helped my dad and Bill build a dam. The water was freezing!
Cam and his cousin, Brooklyn. They are just 2 months apart in age, but sadly only get to play maybe once a year together.
Roo was filthy by the time we left. She loved playing in the water and rocks and dirt.
My kids love jerky. Awesome. They just need a backpack and some boots now.
After the steep, slow hike back up to the vans, we got out the cooler and ate snacks by this beautiful lake.
Cameron just doing some pondering....on life?
What a fun day with my family! We spent the rest of the day hanging out in Salem. Cam got to open some early birthday presents from Grandma. We left him there, and they all headed down to Glenwood this morning. It was hard for me to leave him. And it was just plain weird to not have him in the car or have to put him to bed last night. Roo slept in until 9 this morning, which means we did too. Wow, how simple life feels with just one kid!!!! Nate, Roo & I have a fun day planned for Thursday. I'm excited for a Girls Week with my Roo, but I will be VERY ready to see Cam on Thursday! He didn't even notice we left him though...he was so excited to stay with Brooklyn and go to Glenwood. Happy Birthday Week, Cam! Have fun on those 4-wheelers!!

















3 comments:
Looks like a beautiful place to hike!! Sounds like you will have a quiet week......my oldest 4 are gone for the afternoon so I'm just looking forward to getting some things accomplished. Love the jerky picture of Miss Allie......her eyes look beautiful!!!
I like that picture too, Kathy! Too bad she's got a big ole chunk of meat in her hand, haha! It would be frameable if she was holding a pretty flower or something!! :)
That's what I miss about this summer...family!
Post a Comment