Thursday, September 9, 2010

School Day, Part 1

I never ever had a crush on any of my teachers.
Especially Mr. Olson giving pop quizzes on Lichtenstein, and Mr. Phoenix teaching in his fluorescent orange running shorts...seriously, who goes on a jog during lunch and doesn't change back into normal clothes before his students arrive for 5th period?  Well, he did.  Gross.

HOWEVER
if my reality matched my mentality and I was still 14,  I'd fall head over heels if this teacher walked into my classroom.  I'd slip a note to Nikki and it would say, "Look at his dimples, he's such a hottie...I wonder if he's married?"  And then we'd give him a 'code name' so we could talk about him....like we should have done with Mr. Phoenix because then maybe we wouldn't have gotten caught that one day writing notes about how creeped out we were by him.  Yeah...it was scary!!  Gotta love 7th grade!!

GOOD LUCK, MR. WOOD!!
First day in the classroom today.

And of course, we have Cameron, the dunce!!

Coming Monday, it's School Day, Part 2...

9 comments:

The Klock Family said...

Hahahahahahaha, awesome! Go Nate!

The Full Nelson said...

Good luck Nate! And that's hilarious that you got caught...I cannot imagine how scary that was. Eek!

Becca Jane said...

It was scary...I dropped it under my seat before I left his classroom...he called me out of my next class to talk to me. He told me he didn't care what our opinion of him was, but he preferred that we keep it to ourselves instead of writing notes. I think I was like shaking for the rest of the day!! Remember that, Nikki?? Very traumatic...but I still think he was the one out of line...those shorts were SHORT!! And he'd hang his slacks over the filing cabinet in plain view. I told Nate not to do that...he assured me he wouldn't!!

DeAnn said...

I can't wait to hear about how teaching is for Nate! I'm nervous for him (so tell him he doesn't need to be).

We Joneses said...

Wish I could forget the day mr phoenix came back from the boy's bathroom with a bottle of "mountain dew" he "found" there... he thought it was so funny and wanted to show us! YUCK! Hahahaha!

The Klock Family said...

Oh, I remember it well. Phoenix had issues!

Jenni said...

That's cute! I hope all goes well!

starnes family said...

Good, good luck!!!!!! I know it will be a great year.

Kasie said...

I can't wait to hear about teaching! Go Nate! Oh, and Nate if you need to vent or some reassurance, you know my e-mail!