Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Sweets & Matching Heartbeats

Even though Sunday mornings are usually rushed and sort of stressful at our house, getting my babies all groomed and scrubbed and fancied-up is definitely one of my favorite parts of the week.





Well....and I have to redeem myself as their mother every Sunday because trust me, usually Monday thru Saturdays, they look a little something like this:


***
We got to hear our baby's heartbeat tonight!!  One of the best sounds in the world, I think.  Nothing like a family dinner, followed by a birthday party for Roo and Ivy....followed by some heartbeats courtesy of Grandpa's handy-dandy dopplar gadget he brought up from the office.  Steve and Andrea got to hear their sweet #4's heartbeat too.  I've heard the wives-tales that you can predict gender based on how fast the heartbeat is....but I'll keep both babies' numbers a secret!  I know Roo's was faster and Cam's was slower....but I never read much into those tales!  We don't care what we're having, as long as Baby arrives healthy!

10 comments:

Lindsay Z said...

HAHA!!! Love that last picture! So come on, tell us the names you've decided on. (You know you want to...)

Laura Dunford said...

Cam is SOOOO funny. I love that last picture! They sure do clean up nice but I think I like the diaper hat best!

Erin said...

Yea, I never bought into those old wives tales about the heartbeat...Mine was always really fast, when they checked my mom, and both of my boys had really fast heartbeats...Kind of hard to believe girls are one way and boys are another when all of them were the same... :) How fun to hear the heartbeat though! Love the diaper/pull up on Cam's head. It makes me giggle. :D

The Super Seven said...

That tale was never accurate on mine....I could usually just figure it out from pregnancy symptoms
as the girls were the same and the boys! Mind you once I had one of each I didn't worry about the sex as I had everything for both. I just wanted healthy....

The Full Nelson said...

All of my babies had around the same speed of heartbeats, it was more just symptons that were different. Exciting that you got to hear baby number 3. It always puts me at ease when I first hear that!

Becca Jane said...

Yeah, I'm not reading anything into the heartrate because I don't want to go to the hospital with ANY expectations of what we will be bringing home!!!

I heard the heartbeat back at Christmas time, but it's always good to hear it at the end of the first trimester...plus it saved me a drive south for an appt, haha!

Becky said...

I just laughed really, really, really hard!!! Cameron is such a funny kid! I am so super excited for you about baby number 3! Your 2 sweethearts are adorable all the days of the week!!:)

starnes family said...

The diaper head is AWESOME.

All of my children were different, too. Reading "the tales" made me crazy!

Noelle said...

Ha ha ha, I love the diaper head.

The Klock Family said...

That pic of Cam with the diaper on his head made me bust out laughing, classic!