* Saturday night, Nate's family threw him a Graduation party....yummy bbq pork sandwiches and lots of fresh fruit. Cameron played basketball outside with all of his cousins. Even though it gets loud and crazy sometimes, it's SO fun having all of the Wood cousins so close in age. Three more coming soon!!!
* Nate has meetings starting at 6:30 am on Sundays every week, so I'm always on my own to groom and feed and prep the kids for Church. Nate felt bad he couldn't be there for my Mother's Day morning, but he made it up to me with flowers and chocolate-covered pretzels and some lawn chairs we can take outside when we play with the kids. Sitting on the grass with my belly isn't going to work this summer! Thanks Honey!
* Church was wonderful. Great messages, talks and lessons, as usual. I love the quiet promptings and thoughts I always receive at Church that remind and encourage me to do and be a little better.
* Roo putting stickers all over my belly during Sacrament meeting. I could feel the baby kicking, and I was overwhelmed with love for all THREE of my children.
* Cameron and all of the Primary children came into Relief Society and sang to us. Cameron looked so precious standing up there, just beaming at me with his proud grin. I bawled through the entire song, just feeling so much love and gratitude for my beautiful boy.
* Enjoyed the BEST vanilla cupcake I think I've EVER had....must get recipe.
* Spent the rest of the day down in Salem with my family. Steak dinner and s'mores brownies for dessert. Cameron is awesome at Lite-Brite...remember those?
* Drove home in a scary rainstorm...Nate distracted me from being nervous (I have severe anxiety driving in bad weather on Utah freeways) by looking up potential jobs and salaries he can get with his Masters degrees on his phone. It worked....and we talked for the zillionth time about how grateful we are that things worked out the way they have. Quitting his student teaching was probably the toughest decision we've had to make in our marriage so far....but we know that it was the right decision for us. The Lord had another path for Nate to be on with his education/career, and we're happy to be on it!!
* Layed in bed with Cameron for awhile just talking to him. We smothered each other in kisses and told each other how much we love each other. We talked about Glenwood and Kindergarten and his birthday and the new baby....Summer is going to be fun! DeAnn is coming to Utah....twice!!
Happy Mother's Day everyone!
| I love being a mom!! (Wow, Roo is so beautiful, I want her skin!!) |


4 comments:
Sounds like you had an extra special day......it will be a great summer when the new one arrives.....
So nice!
Sounds like you had a GREAT Mother's Day weekend!
Sounds like a wonderful day! Happy Mother's Day to you. :)
Post a Comment