Nothing too exciting has been going on around here this past week. It is really hot now, and I am REALLY pregnant. I wish I could say that I'm breezing through this pregnancy like I did my first two, but I'm just not! I feel miserable!! But it's okay, I am actually grateful for how exhausted and in pain I am because it overpowers my nerves about having 3 kids!! I don't care how hard it's going to be, I just don't want to be pregnant anymore!! I can't believe I'm almost 34 weeks. I feel huge, I can literally feel that this baby has grown a ton lately. So grateful for that, but praying he/she stays under 9 lb!! Please be a nice little 7 pounder for me!!
We're about to the point where anytime I call my dad, he gets a little worried and has to ask if I'm okay and how I'm feeling and "why are you calling me?". It gets REALLY bad when I hit 38-39 weeks....he thinks I'm in labor anytime my name appears on his phone!! I love how safe I feel knowing that I can reach him anytime, anywhere, and that I am his #1 patient!!
I have had really strong thoughts and feelings lately that this baby is a Boy. So it's a girl, right? haha Seriously no idea what's baking in there.
Kids have been keeping busy with the usual outside routine. I wish more than anything that I had the energy to venture out each day with them and fill their summer with all of the fun activities that children love. It breaks my heart to tell Cam that I can't take him wherever he's asking to go because I just honestly can't physically get through it. I keep telling him over and over that after the Baby is out, I will be able to run and play and chase and get on the floor to play trains with him again. Bless his cute little heart, he always says, "It's okay Mom! Daddy can just play with me until you feel better." I love that kid. He is a stinker, but he truly has a heart of gold.
Cam is as in love with his bike as ever and rides constantly. Nate has been taking him on bike rides in the evenings, and it melts my heart to watch my two handsome boys ride off together. Roo would be content to spend her entire waking hours watching Dora or Signing Time, and this pregnancy has definitely forced me to let them watch WAY more television than I ever would normally, but hey, what can you do? We do get several hours a day of outside time in, so I don't sweat it. I've had several wonderful friends who have taken Cam for playdates while Roo naps. I can't wait to be in the position to help and serve others again....but for now, I am humbly accepting all the help I can. I think God is wise in His timing with the trials He gives us. He allows them to come and go so that we can serve each other all throughout our lives. I am grateful for the times in my life when I have been able to serve (especially as a missionary) those around me, but I understand that at this moment in my life, all I am able and am expected to do is serve my own little family and even myself (aka this baby) by just hanging on each day!!!
Ignore my fresh out-of-the-shower-but-still-looking-exhausted look, but seriously, HOW did I get such a gorgeous daughter?? And Cam is such a little stud...we're letting his hair grow out again, and both kids are SO tan. Hoping Nate's genes are strong in this baby too!
40's Reunion
3 weeks ago


3 comments:
Being due in the hot summer is the worst! Hang in there! By the way- you AND your daugther are beautiful!
You and Roo look ADORABLE! You are all baby! No wonder it is difficult to move around!!!! You are doing a great job! Soon your little one will be here and you will forget all about how hard it was to get him (her?) here =)
Yeah, being pregnant in the summer is the worst... I was so thankful I never had to do a 3rd tri in summer!
I love your posts :)
I don't even know how I'm going to get to 34 weeks without going crazy. I can hardly breathe as it is and getting out of cars is nearly impossible! I'm so glad I have people to help me through this pregnancy, I can tell I'm going to have a hard time! You are an amazing mom and I can't wait for your baby!
Post a Comment