It's probably a girl!! :)
The funny thing is, this baby is giving us NO clues or hints along the way. Or it's giving us BOTH hints!! This pregnancy has been all over the place. Here are some fun (totally ridiculous) wives tales about gender prediction.
1. Heart Rate: If the heart rate is above 150 it's a girl. If it's below, it's a boy.
Results: My first appointment, the heart rate was 179. My 2nd appt, it was 138. Seriously. EITHER!
2. Chinese Gender Prediction Chart: It says I'm having a Girl, but it was wrong for my first two, so if the trend keeps up, then I'm having a boy.
3. Morning Sickness: If you are really sick, it's a girl. If you aren't very sick, it's a boy.
Results: WAY sicker this time than I was with either of the first two. But Cam's sickness lasted from 4-12 weeks, and Allie's from 8-19 weeks. This one I was sick from 4-12 weeks. Hmmm....
4. Cravings: If you crave salty foods, it's a boy. If you crave sweets, it's a girl.
Results: For the first half of this pregnancy, I could NOT touch sweets. They made me sooo sick. All I wanted was MEAT. I couldn't stop eating turkey sandwiches and dreaming of big cheeseburgers. BUT about halfway through, the meat craving disappeared and now all I want is sweet breads....cinnamon rolls, banana bread, chocolate chip muffins, things like that. Hmmm.....either again!!
5. Hair & Skin: If your hair grows faster than usual, it's a boy. If you get bad acne, it's a girl.
Results: This one is actually pointing towards boy. I have to shave every day almost!! Reaching my ankles gets tougher every week! I haven't had any acne with this pregnancy, and I did with Allie, so maybe this one actually is true??
6. Belly Bump: If you're carrying high, it's a girl. If you're carrying low, it's a boy.
Results: Well, I carried Cameron high and Allie low...so I'm already opposite on that. But this pregnancy has been crazy because for the first half, the baby was sooooo LOW, I couldn't walk. But for the past 6 weeks or so, Baby has moved WAY up under my ribs. Once again....keeping us guessing!!!
7. Names: They say that if you settle easier on a name for a particular gender, then that's what it will be.
Results: Well, that was true with our first two. Cameron's name was cake, and so was Allison's (even though she was Kate for a few weeks after we found out she was a girl.) This time, we've struggled with Girl names. We are set now, but it took longer to set a name for a girl than it did for a boy. So I guess that points to boy....
Well, I know I'm missing some, but I can't think of any more....so I'm going to go eat some more of the muffins I just pulled out of the oven! Yum!
What do you think we're having? Were any of these wives tales true for you?
PS...I don't know why, but Blogger isn't letting me comment on several of your blogs, so I'm sorry, don't think I'm not reading and trying to comment, because I am!



12 comments:
I'd be going crazy if I were you!! Lol but how exciting! :)
I think you're having . . . a . . . baby! Enjoy the last few weeks.
I was always way more sick with my boys than with my girls so that one is opposite for me. The others I didn't pay much attention to. Except I do crave meat more with my boys.
Absolutely fool-proof method: If Baby is all out front. It's a boy. All around you. It's a girl. (Or is it the other way around?)
With James I could NOT touch anything with added sugar - the only thing I could stand to eat that was sweet was fruit!!
With Jeremy the heart rate prediction was correct for him. My midwife predicted boy based on the fetal heart rate and boy it was!
When we are ready to have #3 we shall see... but James was adament when I was pregnant with Jeremy. Anyone who would listen would hear the following...
"This baby that we are having now is the boy and the next baby we have after this baby is the girl!"
I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear if it is a boy or girl!!
Heidi, Cameron is so convinced this baby is a boy that I can't help but wonder if he knows more than we do....
Just about every old wive's tale was wrong for us. I had acne with Buddy, but not McKayla. I craved sugar like crazy with Buddy, but all I wanted with McKayla was cheeseburgers. I wasn't sick either time. The chinese calendar was wrong with Buddy. All the methods were unreliable, but still fun to use for guessing!
It's fun that you're not finding out! August 3rd will be such a gun day!
The Chinese Gender Chart has been right on all four of my kids...assuming that baby #4 is actually a girl! :)
*fun day, not gun, haha :)
I say.... girl! (I'm bad at these those!)
This post was fun for me becaue I'm wondering a lot of the same things, although we probably are going to find out after all so I just have to wait another month. For me the heart rate thing has been accurate, and the chinese gender chart, I always crave salty when I'm pregnant no matter what, I craved meat with the first two pregnancies and this time I have to choke it down, if I could live off salad every meal I think I would. I feel like I carry about the same every time maybe a little higher with my girl than boy so far I feel like I'm carrying a little higher, and I was a lot more sick with my daughter than son and this time I've been more sick than both combined! Who knows, we think girl but we could always be surprised.
I'm thinking a girl! So then I could borrow your boys clothes haha ;)
Speaking of clothes... when you have your baby, do you think I could borrow a couple of shirts? I'm in between normal shirts and maternity shirts! Lol.
Post a Comment