This morning I had the opportunity to attend Church at Primary Children's Medical Center, just up the street from where we live. I accompanied on the piano for a musical number. The moment you step inside the hospital, you know you are in a special place. There is a reverence there. A peace. Even though you know there is a lot of pain, suffering, sadness, and unfortunately death that occurs within those walls, you also know there are miracles, healing, prayers, faith and most definitely the presence of unseen angels. Our musical number went well, and I hope the children, parents and hospital staff in attendance felt uplifted. A member of one of quorums of the Seventy happened to be there visiting his grandchild, so he came and spoke during the meeting. He told us that President Monson has said that there is an abundance of angels there at Primary's, second only to temples. It was difficult for me to see those sick or injured children. Despite their trials in life, they still have such pure faith and an unshaken desire to worship and love their Savior. I couldn't help but picture my children being patients there, and I obviously couldn't stop the tears. I pray morning and night that my babies will always be safe and healthy. Seeing them scared or in pain is the worst thing a mother can endure, and unfortunately I can't keep them from ever feeling those things. So I'm thinking now that maybe I should change the focus of my prayers to this: That my children will always be surrounded by and strongly feel the presence of an abundance of angels whenever they are in need of them. And that when they are faced with hard things during their time here on Earth, that they will turn to their Savior and their testimonies and cling to them with everything they have. Yes, that's definitely what I will start praying for now.
Our own Church was wonderful today. Our bishop spoke about reverence in our Church meetings and teaching our children by example. I had to laugh because our kids were CRAZY during the whole thing, the Wood Family Circus usually makes a weekly appearance. Oh well. Atleast our kids know that we attend Church every week as a family. That is where the Lord wants us. So that is where we will be. In Relief Society, Kristi taught a wonderful lesson about the Millenium. It is so comforting to know that one day, Christ will again reign on the earth. Righteousness and truth will prevail. Satan will be bound. The earth will be cleansed and perfected. And the wonderful thing that Kristi pointed out is that we don't have to wait for the Millenium to feel that peace. Righteousness and truth can (and must) prevail in our own homes. Satan can (and must) be bound in our own homes. It is a personal choice we can make every day as we do those things that invite and keep the Spirit in our homes and in our lives. Oh I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It means everything to me.
This evening we had an early Thanksgiving Dinner with Nate's extended family. So much good food! Always fun to visit and see the kids run around with their cousins. Mallory and fam are coming for Thanksgiving Day this week, and we are all excited to see them again.
I finished reading "The Wednesday Wars" the other day. I absolutely loved it. I cracked up through the whole book, and I loved the little twists and surprises that turned Holling's woes into triumphs. Loved it. It'll definitely end up on my bookshelf. The only problem with reading a book that I personally rate 5 stars is that usually the few books I read after it seem lame, even if they aren't all that lame. Know what I mean? I'm reading an entirely different story now, but I just miss Holling!!
Yesterday was a Snow day. Nate was home all day, so he took the older two out sledding. We watched Iron Man and read and cleaned and rearranged furniture and just hung out. I love days like that. I'm such a homebody. We ended the day by eating Indian food with the Centini's. Nate & Tyler got to visit, which Staci and I were happy about. The kids had fun together, Claire slept through the whole thing, and obviously the food was just awesome.
Okay, I think that's everything! Sorry, no new pictures. Just a new header, courtesy of the talented (and gorgeous, might I add) Noelle. Thank you! The kids each look so different now, so I'm hoping to update their pictures maybe in the Spring.
40's Reunion
3 weeks ago


2 comments:
The header looks great! And good grief you read alot! I admire that. (I'm too shlumpy with my tv...)
I've really been working on reading more. I used to watch tv all evening every night. Now I only watch Castle on Mondays and sometimes Person of Interest with Nate on Thursdays.
Post a Comment