Saturday, August 4, 2012

Claire is ONE!

Claire Elizabeth is ONE!  I can't believe it!  This year flew by SO quickly.  Claire, we love you so so much.  You are so beautiful and funny and smart.  We LOVE having you in our family!  I am excited to continue our birthday princess crown tradition with you. 

Here are a few cute pics of you at 12 months!  You are just a flea, only weighing 17 pounds!  You are close to walking, but still are mostly crazy power-crawling everywhere.  You have 7 teeth now!  I'm pretty sure you are saying "more, done, Dora, Mommy and nigh-nigh", but who knows!  They sound fairly consistent though!  You LOVE Dora!  And even more than Dora, you LOVE your big bro and sis.  They make you laugh all the time.  You love to be upside-down and you love to burrow into blankets and pillows.  You are so much fun!





Here is what we did for her Birthday Weekend!

On Friday morning, Nate had to work early, so the kids and I went to Ashley and Robert's for breakfast.  Ashley is SO sweet!  She had her apartment all decorated, and she made chocolate and raspberry-filled ebelskivers for breakfast.  They had a little gift for Claire, too.  Those two have become like family to us, and we love them so much!









That afternoon, we headed up to the Zoo with Ashley and Robert again.  I was so glad they hung out with me and the kids for Claire's birthday.  Poor Nate has been working crazy over-time hours, which has been nice, but we miss him!!

Then tonight we had a combined dinner and birthday party for Claire and Kendall.  They were born just one day apart!  It was so fun to watch the girls together!  What a special bond they will always have!!  Ashley made Claire's cake, and I also made an Eclair cake!  It was SO yummy, I think I'll make it every year for her!  It's such a perfect cake for her name!  Nate's mom also bought little individual cakes for the girls.  I think Claire was pretty exhausted by the time we had cake, but Kendall went to town on it!  So cute! 


















1 comment:

Barbara said...

Ok, Claire is adorable! Wish we still lived in the village so we could see your cute kids more.