Thursday, November 8, 2012

I Heart Bonneville

(DeAnn, this makes me think of your "I Heart Van Noy" text.  Loved that!)

Anyway, this is what my ottoman looked like last night.


 I woke at up 5:30 am for a 7-miler up Bonneville. I love that run so SO much. The time and miles always go by SO much quicker and happier than any other run.

Staci is still getting her foot back to normal, so I ran up to the Zoo and she met me at the trailhead (with some water for me, bless her awesome heart!).  It was pitch black, so we had to run the steep, rocky parts REALLY slow.  She had her headlamp, but we still took it slow to be safe.  By the time we reached the top, the sun was starting to rise, so it was easier to see.  Such a beautiful morning!

The best part about that run is coming back DOWN!  I love running from the museum back down to the Bakery.  It's the best reward for tackling that trail.  Unfortunately I still had to run 2 more miles once I reached the bottom, but out of the whole 7 miles, those were the only 2 miles that I really had to put any "mental effort" into.  I feel so good!  I love running!

1 comment:

Lindsay Z said...

WAAHOO!!! Sounds like a GREAT run!