They're baaaaack!! Darren & Lesley showed up at our door yesterday morning, and I was so excited! They are two of our favorite people on earth, and I love them so so much! Lesley and I
never run out of things to talk about, and Darren's sense of humor is right up my alley. I love it. They brought some Halifax t-shirts and maple candy for the kids. We looked through some of Chelsea's mission clothes (and the infamous RED BAG) that they had shipped to our house. Then we headed out to Costa Vida for lunch! Yum. In line, Lesley told me that Darren had packed his running shoes first, and that his main goal of the trip was to run with me. I can't even tell you how happy that made me! Darren and I have been chatting about running for a year. If I posted that I ran 8 miles one day, he'd go out the next morning and run 8.1 miles. Such a brat, haha! After lunch, we went to the running store and to Downeast. They are such fun company, that we could literally be doing anything with them and still have a blast. Darren and Claire really hit it off. She was hamming it up for him and calling him "Grandpa". Cuteness. Then we headed to City Creek so the kids could play in the fountain and we had more time to visit. We got ice cream, too. Then this morning, they came back over bright and early so we could go running! I took them up Bonneville Shoreline Trail, of course. I love it up there so much, so to be up there with my 3 favorite people was just awesome. Nate & Darren killed it on those steep hills! I'm getting there though. And Lesley did amazing because she hasn't run in years! It was so fun. I hope we can meet up again on Friday when they get back from Idaho.
Pictures.
Giving looks to Darren.
New besties.
Halifax Shirts!
Finally turned Miss Claire around in the car.
Fresh off a nice 4.5 mile run! If only I had a video of Lesley's reaction about 30 seconds after this picture when Darren told her that we could have seen rattlesnakes up on the trail. HILARIOUS.
No comments:
Post a Comment