Monday, November 11, 2013

Veggie Mania Update

So, last week was my Veggie Mania week.  Boy, was it delicious!  It was so fun seeing my fridge stuffed to the gills with produce at the beginning of the week, and then by Sunday evening, it was completely bare.  All of that delicious and nutritious goodness in our bellies!  Yum.

It didn't go perfectly...I didn't get veggies at EVERY meal, but I definitely ate way more than I would have in a normal week.  I bought, prepared and cooked beets for the first time ever.  It wasn't scary!  :)  I also learned that Claire can consume an entire cucumber in one sitting.

Feeling good!  I loaded my shopping cart up again this morning in hopes of doing it all over again this week.

Here are a few recipes that I tried and LOVED:

Curried angel hair with tofu, cabbage and red pepper

Ragout with chicken sausage, white beans, onion, kale, zucchini and tomato

What are some of your favorite ways to incorporate more veggies into your life?

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

I just love to roast them and eat them as a side dish to whatever else we're having. Olive oil and salt and pepper (or garlic). Mmmmm