I'm about to run a marathon. In 11 days! I know this. Obviously.
BUT, for some reason, receiving this email gave my heart a little jolt as I read the words "full marathon". It's been so far away for so long. I don't think I REALLY let myself realize what I was going to be doing.
Reality Check! I'm running a marathon. No "half" in there anywhere!
40's Reunion
3 weeks ago



3 comments:
FULL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's something to remember during your race. In the book Born To Run he talks about Ann Trason and how when she gets to a hard point in the race she calls it The Beast. Instead of getting frustrated or discouraged, she gets excited when The Beast arrives because that's her chance to show what she is made of. That's her time to be triumphant! So when The Beast shows up (which it inevitably will for everyone), bring it on and kick some butt. You will do awesome!!!!
We all have moments when things get real. Think of it as a reminder that you are alive. You will be awesome!
By the way, I think I know Cory Reese. How small is the world!
You're awesome!
Post a Comment