Well, this past week, I had two special experiences with two amazing people.
First, my friend, Cory Reese, wrote and told me he was planning to run a solo 100-miler from the Capitol Building in SLC to Provo and back and wondered if I wanted to join him for a few miles. Um...YES! He's so cool. This was his 10th 100-miler. Hardcore. I met Cory back in November, and I feel like even though we haven't seen each other in person since, we clicked through our blogs. Plus, he loves John Mayer, so that's an instant buddy for me any day!
So last Wednesday, I met Cory and Robert Merriman (bonus!) up at the Capitol. I ran 7.5 miles with him. We talked and laughed and had a great time. A few more of his friends met up with us around Mile 5, and it sounds like he hardly ran ANY of his 100 miles alone! So many people wanted to come out and support him. I was honored to be a part of his run for just a few miles.
And of course we had to JUMP!
Here is an article that KSL did on him the day before this run: Click HERE to read!
Then over the weekend, I got to meet one of the coolest people I've ever met. Her name is Elsha. Here is her story:
On Saturday, some of our group ran down Emigration Canyon to Liberty Park. My awesome "little brother", Ty, was pushing Elsha in an 8K race down Millcreek Canyon, so when that was finished, they came over to the park. I was so excited to meet her! I met her through Facebook a few weeks ago, and she asked me to push her in a 5K on June 19. I can't wait! I have come to truly adore her. She's a big U2 fan (so jealous, she has met Bono!), and she has an awesome sense of humor, which is my favorite quality in anybody! June 19 will be fun!
Me and Sonja. We ran Emigration together, and I just LOVE this girl. I think we could hang out every day and never get bored or run out of things to laugh and talk about!
Aww, my little brother, Ty Ty! I don't have a little brother, so we decided he's it. And I couldn't be happier about our little arrangement, except for when he torments me, just like little brothers supposedly do! Love you, Ty!
It was so good to see Katheryn again! And Jill is one of my new favorite people.
I didn't get to enjoy burritos after this run, sadly, but I just LOVE this picture! These crazy boys both mean so much to me!
I feel SO lucky to have these people in my life. Cory and Elsha made my week, and I can't wait to run with them both again soon!









1 comment:
Fun times.
Post a Comment