Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Our Trek East

Hello from West Virginia!  We arrived to our new city and home last week and are settling right in!  We took 2.5 days to get here, stopping in Kansas and Illinois.  Gary and Casey came with us, and they were a huge help.  The kiddos did great!  It was really neat to drive through so many states!  Indiana and Kentucky were just beautiful.  



It was surreal to drive into Charleston and to our new house.  I was nervous to see the house, but I LOVE it even more in person!  It's so perfect for us.  I can't believe it's really mine!  No more student housing or parent's house! I can't wait to paint and decorate and make it mine.  I will post pics as I get things done. 




Saying goodbye to everyone was hard though.  We will miss our families and friends so much.  Nate is particularly close to his family, and both my mom and his mom were really sad to have their grandchildren leave!  Luckily they will come visit us soon. 

Life will be good here, I can tell!  The ward made us feel so at home.  The Paries family invited us over for dinner on Sunday, and we had a great time! Sometimes we all feel a bit overwhelmed, nervous or sad, but we know that is normal.  We have been giving the kids extra attention, lots of games in the evenings and family scriptures/prayer so that they feel secure and loved.  Nate started work on Monday and is settling in there, too.  Mostly boring orientation and paperwork so far, but he said his co workers are all really nice, and loves the 15 minute commute!  His hours are 7:30-3:30, which I am so happy about!  

I feel like I could write for hours! So much to catch up on.  Christmas was wonderful!  We also had a Warner family reunion in St. George.  I want to stay caught up on this blog here.  Our office/guest room is all set up, so I will write often! 


2 comments:

LilPrecious said...

SO SO SO excited that you are safe and sound in your new home and ready to start blogging again. I have missed hearing about your life! I will enjoy watching you make your new house yours as you paint and decorate - can't wait to see all the photos. Eager to hear how the kids are settling in at school and making friends as well! YAY for the new job and the new adventure!!

Lindsay Z said...

What an exciting time! Keep the blog going with all this fun stuff!