I've spent the last several days completely captured by Gordon B. Hinckley's book, "Standing For Something."
He discusses 10 neglected virtues that will heal our hearts and homes.
1. Love: The Lodestar of Life
2. Where there is Honesty, Other Virtues Will Follow
3. Making a Case for Morality
4. Our Fading Civility
5. Learning: "With All They Getting Get Understanding."
6. The Twin Virtues of Forgiveness and Mercy
7. Thrift & Industry: Getting Our Houses in Order
8. Gratitude: A Sign of Maturity
9. Optimism in the Face of Cynicism
10. Faith: Our Only Hope
He then spends the 2nd part of the book discussing saving our homes and marriages.
It's not a book only meant for members of the LDS faith. It is a book for anyone who will read. It is the best book I have read in a long time. I think everyone should read it. Our world would be a completely different place if everyone would not only read it, but do their best to become this kind of person.
So....leave me a comment if you want to enter for a copy. I'm going to randomly select someone and mail you your own copy....if you promise to read it!! Every word of it. This is coming out of my own pocket, so I will be officially bummed if I find out that it just sat on your bookshelf collecting dust or that you merely skimmed its pages! Read it, have your family read it, give it to your friends. If you already have it, go pick it up off your shelf and read it again! Do it! And you can still enter to win if you already own it...you can give it to someone you love. Good luck!
Winner will be randomly chosen and announced on this blog on April 7.
40's Reunion
3 weeks ago



15 comments:
I don't have it, but would love to read it and then pass it around to everyone else to have a read too!!!
That is one book that we don't have yet, but I have always wanted to read!
I would love to read this book...I am always so uplifted when I read books by our leaders!
Sounds like a good read. Count me in!
I don't need a copy but I want to say YES!! A MUST read!
Me, me, pick me! :)
I own it and have read it. I absolutely loved it. You're right, it's not just for LDS people. It is for society. It is a fantastic book. Pick someone who doesn't own it yet!
WOW Becca - you are AMAZINGLY awesome!!! Count me in!
That is awesome :)
You can count me in too!
Hey, thanks! I have never gotten around to reading this. I would love to read it.
I'd love to read it! Count me in!
:)
Thanks!!!!!
Wow! You are so nice to share this with someone! I've always wanted to read this book and I would LOVE to get a copy to read and then share, especially since we are moving so far away where probably no one has even heard of Gordon B. Hinckley! :) Great missionary tool! Thanks for choosing me! ;)
Sarah
I would love to read this book!
Here's to hoping it's not too late! I really, really, really want that book, lol and if I don't win and Kathy does, I hope she'll let me borrow it.
Great missionary tool! What a great book for a giveaway! Can't go wrong with Pres. Hinckley!
Post a Comment